    Thanks,
    Janice

    , Feb 25, 2008

  2. Guest

    Hello

    oh, that's really bad. some devices are relatively immune against such
    "attacks". Others just get fried!
    I'm not sure if the warranty would cover such a case. normally it's
    wriiteen in the instructions not to use anything else than the
    original power-supply, otherwise the warranty will be void.
    If you are really lucky, they are able to repair the thing. But i
    would think that you will have to buy a new camera :-(

    Marco

    , Feb 25, 2008

  3. fac Guest

    See if you can get a copy of the receipt from your credit card company or
    the place you bought the camera and just tell Kodak the camera failed and
    see what they do.
    It may not have been anything you did as Kodak cameras have relatively poor
    reliability among a class of cameras not known for ruggedness of design or
    construction.
    Unless they have changed their policy Kodak's minimum charge for out of
    warranty repairs exceeds the used value of any camera ever sold under the
    Kodak name since they stopped selling SLRs over 40 years ago.

    fac, Feb 25, 2008
  4. Ron Hunter Guest

    Interesting. PC World rated the major manufacturers on reliability, and
    stated that Kodak was at the bottom of the list, BUT, their own chart,
    (see http://www.pcworld.com/zoom?id=112915&page=12&zoomIdx=1) seems to
    contradict their previous statement, rating them ABOVE Nikon, Panasonic,
    and Olympus. This kind of rampant BIAS in the subjective results in
    articles is pretty much a reflection of what one sees in this newsgroup.

    Ron Hunter, Feb 26, 2008
  5. John Turco Guest

    Hello, Janice:

    I'm sure that >something< was "fried" and the M753 is now damaged beyond
    repair, most likely. You've learned a very painful (but important) lesson,
    one hopes.

    In the future, never guess about using any "charger" or AC adapter, with
    any of your devices...the voltage and polarity must both be set to the
    right specifications! (The polarity, principally.)
    You could try selling the dead Kodak, on eBay <http://www.ebay.com>. Many
    broken digicams are listed there, as they can be economical sources of
    spare parts.

    For example, your M753's battery door and lens assembly would be quite
    handy, to a person in need of either of those particular items, in order
    to fix his own camera.

    Good luck!

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Feb 26, 2008
  6. John Turco Guest

    Hello, Fac:

    Alas, perception isn't reality, where the "ruggedness" of Kodak's digicams
    is concerned. I own several such camera models and have seen and handled
    many more, in various stores; if they're genuinely any flimsier than their
    counterparts from other major manufacturers, I believe I would've recognized
    that fact, by now.

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Feb 29, 2008
  7. John Turco Guest

    Hello, Ron:

    Par for the course, I fear!

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Feb 29, 2008
  8. Robert Coe Guest

    :
    : Interesting. PC World rated the major manufacturers on reliability, and
    : stated that Kodak was at the bottom of the list, BUT, their own chart,
    : (see http://www.pcworld.com/zoom?id=112915&page=12&zoomIdx=1) seems to
    : contradict their previous statement, rating them ABOVE Nikon, Panasonic,
    : and Olympus. This kind of rampant BIAS in the subjective results in
    : articles is pretty much a reflection of what one sees in this newsgroup.

    Are you asking us to believe that PC World uses this newsgroup to supply the
    information it uses to develop product reliability ratings? That strikes me as
    something between an oversimplification and an absurdity.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Mar 1, 2008
  9. John Turco Guest

    Hello, Bob:

    I rather doubt that Ron Hunter was implying such a thing, when he used the word
    "reflection." He probably meant there's a general feeling of anti-Kodak sentiment,
    which permeates the mainstream photographic media, as well as Usenet, itself. (If
    so, then, I tend to agree with him.)

    Actually, Kodak happens to have one of its own employees (Ron Baird) monitor this
    newsgroup, occasionally; he hasn't posted here, in many months, alas.

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Mar 4, 2008