    Likes Received:
    0
    I have been trying to reload Kodak EasyShare on my computer from a disk. After successfully (I thought) loading the software and trying to use it, I get a screen with a message that says "...the catalog file needs to be upgraded..." I then click on "UPGRADE" and get another message "...Kodak EasyShare Software has encountered a problem and needs to close..." I contacted Kodak Support twice but got no answer either time. What's going on here? Can someone help me?

    kdka, Sep 27, 2006

  2. kdka

    kdka

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks!

    Thanks for all the help out there. NOT! I finally figured it out myself. If anyone would like to know the solution, contact me.

    kdka, Dec 11, 2006

  3. kdka

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    if the people from Kodak couldn't help you, unless we dissambled the program we wouldn't be able to help u ether, the solving relys on Trial and Error.

    unholy, Dec 12, 2006
  4. kdka

    twigkat

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello

    Please can you tell me what you did! We have the same problem here and uninstalling / reinstalling (using the clear utility after reinstalling) has made no difference.

    I would imagine it has something to do with a complete reinstall of Kodak EasyShare following a reformat (having saved all the pictures onto a backup disk) and the pictures are no longer associated with the software but am not sure!

    Grateful for your help asap!

    Cheers

    Kate

    twigkat, Mar 5, 2007
  5. kdka

    drcomputer

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    answer to the problem..

    ok.. here's how to solve the problem..

    go to the program files / kodak / easyshare software / bin directory

    delete the catalog folder.

    then go to documents and settings / all users

    you will see 2 files with .m extensions.. can't remember what comes after .m, but delete those files and you're done!

    restart easyshare!

    drcomputer, Apr 10, 2007
  6. kdka

    shooman

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Kodak Easyshare Software

    I have 5.2 Easyshare on my Dell, running XP Home. Lately, when I open Easyshare, and try to view my folders, as the folder opens up, the pictures appear, then randomly, like 10 of 30 will start to dissapear, right in front of me. A red X will come up in place of the pic. When I click on the pic to view it, it gives me an error message, that the file exists, but may be damaged. This is happening on almost all my folders, wiping out hundreds of family pictures. When I try to open the pics otherwise, like through windows pic viewer, the same thing happens. Its like the Kodak is taking over, and wont let windows open many pics as well. Please tell me theres a fix for this. Kodak has been no help at all.

    shooman, Sep 25, 2007
  7. kdka

    rgjard25

    Joined:
    May 26, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi kdka

    Please can you tell me how to fix this as am having the exact same problem?
    Thanks

    rgjard25, May 26, 2008
  8. kdka

    Darkl0rd_LacN

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2008
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Earth
    You peeps are wrong....

    If you delete the Catalog folder you delete your album names and pictures. The Catalog folder contains the link to your pictures as well as your album names and captions.

    ANY issue with launching Easyshare (Catalog folder needs to be upgraded error or microsoft error ) please follow these steps:

    First..(im assuming you have Xp) double click My Computer then C drive then Program Files then Kodak then Kodak Easyshare Software then bin. Right click on the Catalog folder and click Rename and rename the folder Catalog.Old (rename it anything actually)

    Second...Click on Start then Search then All Files and Folders...type ESBK.mb and click search.

    Delete ESBK.mb AND ESBK.mbb

    Then launch Easyshare.

    You will be prompted to either create or ADD exisiting collection....say yes.

    If you receive the same error you will need to do a clean install. For information on this please add me to msn on [email protected]

    Darkl0rd_LacN, Jun 10, 2008
  9. kdka

    Darkl0rd_LacN

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2008
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Earth

    If you receive a red X it means the pictures have either been moved to another location, deleted or renamed and you can either open Easyshare, right click on the picture and click "reconnect missing picture" (which takes to long) or you can rebuild the Catalog folder (which i provided steps for).

    Darkl0rd_LacN, Jun 10, 2008
  10. kdka

    Darkl0rd_LacN

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2008
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Earth
    You do not need to save the pictures to a backup disk, even if you uninstall and reinstall the pictures remain as the Catalog folder (folder that contains the link to your pictures) is not affected during the uninstall and reinstall process.

    Kodak understands the importance of pictures to people and will ensure they are not lost.

    D.L

    Darkl0rd_LacN, Jun 10, 2008
  11. kdka

    misschrysti

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    "You peeps are wrong....

    If you delete the Catalog folder you delete your album names and pictures. The Catalog folder contains the link to your pictures as well as your album names and captions.

    ANY issue with launching Easyshare (Catalog folder needs to be upgraded error or microsoft error ) please follow these steps:

    First..(im assuming you have Xp) double click My Computer then C drive then Program Files then Kodak then Kodak Easyshare Software then bin. Right click on the Catalog folder and click Rename and rename the folder Catalog.Old (rename it anything actually)

    Second...Click on Start then Search then All Files and Folders...type ESBK.mb and click search.

    Delete ESBK.mb AND ESBK.mbb

    Then launch Easyshare.

    You will be prompted to either create or ADD exisiting collection....say yes."

    hi. :)

    My problem is EasyShare stops running whenever I try to edit etc. a picture. I was sure this was the answer to my problem, except for that my computer refuses to let me rename catalog? I have vista; if you can help at all I would appreciate it.

    misschrysti, Jul 3, 2008
  12. kdka

    dreamspinner3

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I cannot get this software to work!

    :eek:
    I cannot get this software to work on my PC no matter what I do! I did a first-time install of it and got the message it has encountered a problem and had to shut down. How could that be when I'd never used it before? I tried following the above instructions, but I don't find anything called "catalog" in the bin folder or the two files you mention that need to be deleted.

    I downloaded the instructions for doing a clean install from Kodak's website and their Easyshare software installation clean-up tool, did all of that, reinstalled version 7 on my PC running Windows XP with no other software running--same problem!

    HELP!:saint:

    dreamspinner3, Jul 20, 2008
  13. kdka

    wzimmer2

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    easy share

    I have same prob, what is fix,thx

    wzimmer2, Jul 23, 2009
  14. kdka

    rbdmd

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    saving pictures

    I have about 2000 dental patient pictures in easyshare. When I save them to a cd for backup I get the pictures and the date they were entered into the software but I do not get the captions.
    The captions are vital to keep the pictures grouped by patient or topic.

    DOES ANYONE HAVE A SOLUTION??
    Thank you!!

    rbdmd, Oct 17, 2009