    SMS Guest

    First eat at McDonald's, the official restaurant, then take some photos
    that match the quality of the food, with the official camera.

    SMS, Aug 9, 2008

  2. SMS

    tony cooper Guest

    Not "anyone". Just the general public. In tonight's coverage of the
    swimming events, the camera panned to the press photographers'
    section...a mass of long lenses on dslr or slrs.

    tony cooper, Aug 10, 2008

  3. SMS

    BlackShadow Guest

    That is nonsense. There are hundreds of Pro cameras with long lenses in
    many of the crowd and background shots - all in obvious photographer's
    areas. The Chinese wanted to host the Olympics for the publicity. If they
    banned all Pro photographers they'd be shooting themselves in the foot, and
    although the Chinese may be many things, they are not stupid.

    They are under a declared major terrorist threat. A long lens can conceal
    all manner of explosives or weapons. They don't want them in the crowds. It
    is the foremost reason.

    Wake up to yourself and stop with the ill-considered, thoughtless
    xenophobic crap.

    BlackShadow

    BlackShadow, Aug 10, 2008
  4. Were they all off-white, like in the Canon ads?

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 10, 2008
  5. SMS

    tony cooper Guest

    No, and I did make special note of that. About half-and-half white
    and black.

    tony cooper, Aug 10, 2008
  6. So they were shooting color with b/w lenses. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 10, 2008
  7. SMS

    tony cooper Guest

    How do I Tivo what has already been shown?
    Help who? Why? Who really cares?
    My figure was a guess based on viewing a few seconds of the scene.
    All I really noticed was a seemingly fairly even balance between white
    and black lenses. It could have 55/45 for all I know, though.

    The issue is rather pointless, though. These were professional
    photographers who purchased the lenses that they thought would be best
    for them. Any petty little brand war in this group is immaterial.

    tony cooper, Aug 10, 2008
  8. Please note that I didn't intend to be a party to one when I inserted a
    little humor about lens color. I know that Canon ads don't equal real
    life on the sidelines.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 10, 2008