    current MSRP is $149? Who's going to buy it from them?

    Thanks in advance.

    FZ

    Farrukh Zia, Jan 9, 2004

  2. Farrukh Zia

    Leon III Guest

    I received the same camera free with purchase of Dell Computer. I
    thought they would be sending me a junk camera but I was wrong. I
    think it's a great camera that takes great pics. The only thing I
    don't like so far is that the pics have no actual date anywhere in the
    file names, and they don't transer to the PC in dated folders..so If i
    take pics spread over a few days or so, when I transfer I find no way
    of telling exactly what day the pics were taken. Other then that I
    love it. Of course I can't judge it on price as it was free, but I
    have no complaints.

    Leon III, Jan 10, 2004

  3. Farrukh Zia

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Download Irfanview from www.irfanview.com and view pictures with it.
    They click on the 'I' icon and then the EXIF button. There you will
    find more information about that picture than you will ever need. Oh
    yes, the date and time (to the second) is there too.

    Last time I used it, the Kodak Camera software downloaded each picture
    into a folder labeled with the current date.

    Ron Hunter, Jan 10, 2004
  4. Farrukh Zia

    Nolan Guest

    What can I say, I had initaly bought the camera for myself and 6 year
    old son to use, After getting use of it my wife like it soo much that
    as a result of that I never got to use it. We now have two. Dont worry
    about the price too much as its well worth it we have taken in about
    2months over 500 pictures, many of them realy great!

    Nolan, Jan 11, 2004
  5. Farrukh Zia

    Ken K. Guest

    My Kodak DX6340 - also from Dell (I upgraded)- does the same thing.
    The EasyShare software always wants to put the pics in a \2003-12-21
    folder, regardless of what the date is or when they were taken. The
    funny part is that my DX3900 has no problem - it creates the proper
    files and puts the pics into them.

    I can't figure out why. It is driving me nuts!!

    Ken K., Jan 12, 2004
  6. Farrukh Zia

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Sigh. Sure major problems. Examine the EXIF data and move them with
    Irfanview, or WinXP's Explorer. Yes, I agree that it would be better
    for the camera to look at the EXIF data and make the proper date
    folders, but I wouldn't get all upset over it....
    Life's too short to sweat the small stuff.

    Ron Hunter, Jan 12, 2004
  7. Ken

    Now that is bizarre.

    Are you saying that the same installed version of EasyShare software on the
    same machine is behaving differently with two different camears? If so, I'd
    like to have someone from the engineering group contact you directly about
    this.

    We've seen the "always transfer to the same folder" in some odd
    circumstances but have not been able to chase it down. You could be a huge
    help in this if both cameras are behaving differently.

    send me mail, I'll get you in toch with the right people

    William Jackson, Jan 12, 2004
  8. if you use the Kodak EasyShare software, you can view by date taken, date
    modified or date transferred to the computer. The pictures are transferred
    to the computer into folders based on th edate of transfer.

    William Jackson, Jan 19, 2004