Kodak Easyshare 3.2 VS W2K SP4

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by JS, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. JS

    JS Guest

    Problem solved!

    I was having problems installing Kodak Easyshare 3.2 from the web site on
    Windows 2000 SP4 (with latest windowsupdates). The installation downloaded
    all files than crashed with the following message:

    "Kodak Easyshare n'a pas pu terminer votre tache. (code d'erreur
    14x21x126x) Souhaitez-vous aller sur le Web pour chercher une solution?"

    Solution:

    Easyshare was trying to open MSI.DLL from the WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory
    instead of WINDOWS\SYSTEM32. MSI.DLL is only present in WINDOWS\SYSTEM32
    and is registered with this path. It may not be the best practice but I
    copied WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSI*.* to WINDOWS\SYSTEM and the installation
    completed successfully. This problem may be related to the fact that this
    Windows 2000 was upgraded from Windows98.

    Just wanted to share this since I had not found any solutions anywhere.

    JS, Feb 3, 2004