    Greetings! I need to use an external flash with my Kodak Dx 6490. Are
    there any problems if I use Vivitar DF200 external flash with this
    camera? With thanks.

    zxcvar, Jul 25, 2004

  2. zxcvar

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Zxcvar,

    The camera will allow for a simple flash connection. Actually, any standard
    portable or studio electronic flash unit that works with 35mm or medium
    format film cameras can connect to the KODAK Digital cameras we have offered
    with this capability, i.e. Models DC260, DC265, DC290 DC4800, and currently
    the DX6490 KODAK Zoom Digital Cameras. Connect the flash unit to the camera
    using a standard sync-cord, which is supplied with many flash units or
    readily available where the flash unit is purchased.

    Some flash units may require a sync-cord adapter to properly connect to the
    KODAK Digital Camera. Check with your photo supply retailer or the
    manufacturer of your flash unit. KODAK does not sell sync-cords or cord
    adapters. Also, remember that even though the flash may have camera to
    flash communication options the simple connection we provide will not work
    with them.

    Talk to you soon, Zxcvar,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company