    Anyone know if Best Buy will price match Walmarts ad? They list the Kodak
    for $350.

    Thanks

    sam, Nov 15, 2003

  2. sam

    Guest Guest

    compare specs & features (and conclusion/summary) at steve's digicam site or
    dpreveiw or dcresource or....

    as posted prev, pcmag has recently published reader surveys. also look at
    consumer report. kodak tends to rank less than canon or olympus.
    check for special conditions such as 'not avail online' or innumerable other
    complications with wm ad you want bb to match. then compare to the
    disclaimers and limitations in bb price match.

    usually the ads price same models exactly the same, though one mega store
    might offer flash card while other store offers soft case/kit.

    maybe you can write up what you discover?

    Guest, Nov 15, 2003

  3. sam

    sam Guest

    Specs appear to be very similar except for the megapixel and storage used,
    Im not a pro so I really don't understand all the details steve talks about.
    However steves-digicams.com liked both.

    http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/DX4530/D453A.HTM , They liked it.

    From what Im gathering its a fairly new camera so there's not a lot of
    reviews out for it yet. What I am finding is pretty positive though.

    ....... just went though google and did a DX4530 review and came up with a
    few more. There are complaints that it doesn't offer enough options and some
    people don't like the image quality.. I think the image quality complaint
    could be found for almost all digital cameras.

    http://reviews.cnet.com/Kodak_Easys...B_Internal_/4852-6501_7-30527074.html?tag=box

    www.CNET.com
    www.amazon.com

    My wife is not a pro. She's been using a Fuji Finepix 1.3 megapixel for 2
    years. I would think the Kodak would be an improvement. I just can see
    myself spending the same amount of cash on the Canon A70 3 megapix as I
    could be spending on the Kodak 5 megapix. If the Kodak was a noname brand
    then I would be concerned.

    sam, Nov 15, 2003
  4. sam

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Sam,

    Thanks for the tip.

    I am goind to pass that along to my Brother who is seeking a camera. That
    is an excellent price, and you will be quite well served if you get it. I
    have one on my desk as the camera of choice to use for most of the things I
    do around here (can't get a DX6490), and I love it and the large files. It
    is an excellent camera.

    For details on the camera and what it offers please visit the following web
    page. This model includes a premium KODAK RETINAR Aspheric All-Glass Lens
    that allows you to enjoy sharp pictures with the premium KODAK RETINAR
    Aspheric All-Glass Lens that allows you to get close-up details with 3X
    optical zoom (38-114 mm equivalent) and a 3.3X ADZ (Advanced Digital Zoom)
    feature, better than the conventional digital used in the past. It has a lot
    of other great features you can review for your self. I will attest to the
    using it for my general picture taking on occasion, though I have a DX4330
    as well. If you are like me, Sam, the EasyShare Software is a nice plus as
    well.

    http://www.kodak.com/go/dx4530

    Nice find! If you do buy one, let me know, glad to share about it with you.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Nov 17, 2003
  5. sam

    Jim Spencer Guest

    FYI
    MY LOCAL BEST BUY - Novi MI (Detroit) has the $298 price

    Jim Spencer, Nov 18, 2003