    few upgrades, and I was wondering if the camera has fixed any of the initial
    problems. Can any 14n owners comment? Is it better? Is Kodak working on the
    noise issues?

    Bowser-, Oct 12, 2003

  2. Bowser-

    Annika1980 Guest

    From: "Bowser-"
    I doubt that either one of them reads this NG.

    Annika1980, Oct 13, 2003

  3. Bowser-

    Gavin Cato Guest

    Yes, there have been many improvements, though it's still a bit of a mixed
    bag.

    See the kodak forums at www.dpreview.com and also www.bythom.com has a
    review of one and comments about the newer firmware.

    Gavin Cato, Oct 13, 2003
  4. Bowser-

    Bowser- Guest

    I wonder how many of these things have actually sold? The DPReview forums
    are busy, and the local Ritz has sold 6 (!) of them, but I wonder?

    The lure of full-frame is strong. But not that strong. I'll wait until Kodak
    issues the 4.4 firmware upgrade, which is supposed to address noise issues.
    I have been watching, and there have been improvements, but for this much
    money, I can't live with the limitations imposed by noise at higher ISOs and
    longer exposure times.

    In the meantime, I'll try not to do anything really, really stupid like
    switching to Canon.

    Bowser-, Oct 13, 2003
  5. I know this question may open a can of worms, but I just gotta ask: What
    is YOUR beef with Canon digicams, SPECIFICALLY? Thanks.

    dave

    Bay Area Dave, Oct 13, 2003
  6. Bowser-

    Bowser- Guest

    I was ball-breaking. The Canons are wonderful machines, and the comment was
    directed at Annika. Which I feel compelled to do since I admire his
    ball-breaking ability. He's very good at it, you know.

    For the record, I do shoot with a Canon digicam; a G2. It's a nice unit.

    Bowser-, Oct 13, 2003
  7. Bowser-

    Bowser- Guest

    Thanks! I'm still going to wait. I won't buy a D-SLR that isn't full-frame,
    so it limits my choices to a mediocre unit, or one that's just plain
    over-priced.

    Bowser-, Oct 13, 2003
  8. I for one have adopted the Kodak DCS 14n as my primary camera for my
    studio and location product photography. I also have a Nikon D100, and
    I like the results much better with the Kodak. I regularly make 20x30
    display prints for my clients for their use in trade shows and they are
    very happy with the results.

    There is no noise visible in the kind of photography I do.

    For a while I was shooting catalog photography with the D100, and prior
    to that I was using a Betterlight 4000 scanning back on my 4x5 for
    digital. My clients prefer the images from the DCS 14n.

    Gene McCluney
    McCluney Commercial Photography

    Gene McCluney, Oct 14, 2003
  9. Bowser-

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Bowser,

    Sure, we are always working on improving.

    From the first firmware release, Kodak has siginificantly improved
    performance, quality, noise, etc. Of course, there are still physical
    limitations. Best thing to do is to visit your local dealer and make sure
    the camera will fit with your intended applications. As to how they are
    selling, the mill is grinding away all the time meet the demand.

    Talk to you soon.

    Ron Baird
    Kodak

    Ron Baird, Oct 16, 2003