    absolutely unconditionally must be under $300 (please, no "if you
    could just spend $x more...").

    Thanks!

    Charles Hawtrey, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Charles Hawtrey

    Mark12211 Guest

    I don't think you will find the 4330 anymore. The 6330 is the newer body
    style. You can't go wrong with either one. They are both easy to use and have
    good image quality.

    For $279.99 you can get the Kodak DX6340 from Staples.com.

    The 6340 is like the 6330 but adds a sharper lens, and a longer zoom lens.

    Kodak DX6340:
    For the digital photographer who wants to do more.
    3.1 megapixels
    4X optical, 3.5X Advanced Digital Zoom
    Kodak color science provides consistent color and sharpness
    Auto exposure with matrix metering and multizone and center-zone autofocus
    One-touch sharing: tag pictures to print or e-mail using the on- camera Share
    button; also store 32 e-mail addresses right in the camera for extra-easy
    e-mailing
    16MB of internal memory with MMC/SD expansion slot
    Compatible with Easyshare camera dock 6000, and Easyshare printer dock 6000

    Mark12211, Oct 27, 2003

  3. Charles Hawtrey

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Charles,

    If you are in the US, you should check out the options for the DX6340 at
    Rite2U online. They are selling the camera in three different
    configurations. Go to the following link.

    http://digitalimagingstore.rite2u.com/scripts/cgiip.exe/r2.w?Request=quickSe
    arch&searchStr=EasyShare+DX6340

    It will take you to the page in question. Good prices in the range you have
    noted. I would also consider the DX6440 as that is the camera that will
    actually do all that you want, let you fiddle with adjustments, yet give
    your wife great ease of use. The camera is not listed there just yet, but
    might be found near that price as Christmas approaches. Price is now listed
    at $399 but should get to the amount you noted sometime in the future if you
    can wait. If not, the 6340 is an excellent choice as well.

    Talk to you soon,

    Ron Baird
    Kodak

    Ron Baird, Oct 27, 2003