    Hard Drive. How does one burn both ISO images onto ONE double layer
    DVD (DVD+R DL) using Nero Burning ROM 7.0.1.4?

    Thanks!

    otivo, Feb 21, 2006

  2. I think first you would have to combine the two using something like dvd2avi
    and then re-encode.

    Bernie Woodham, Feb 22, 2006

  3. otivo

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    My initial reaction was that it could not be done, unless you had ripped
    the DVDs to your hard drive as files rather than ISO, but before
    replying I had a try at it.

    DVD Shrink doesn't appear to be able to open ISOs, but it can be fooled
    into doing so.

    Open DVD Shrink, and click on Re-Author. Open My Computer and find
    your first ISO and drag it into the DVD Browser pane of DVD Shrink.
    When it has finished analyzing, drag your main title into the
    compilation pane.

    Then find your second ISO in My Computer and drag into the DVD Browser
    pane. You will note that the button at the top of the screen will
    change to Full Disc. Click on the Re-Author button, and the left pane
    will go back to showing the title from your first ISO, and the right
    pane will show the sections of the second ISO. Drag the required title
    from the Browser pane over into the left (compilation) pane and you have
    your DVD ready to go.

    Oldus Fartus, Feb 22, 2006
  4. otivo

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Whoops. My apologies, I made a mistake of not fully reading the
    original post and gave you instructions for using DVD Shrink rather than
    Nero.

    Oldus Fartus, Feb 22, 2006
  5. otivo

    otivo Guest

    No problem - Thanks for trying! Quick question from this newbie... as
    far as i know, DVD shrink does not burn on DVD discs - is that right?
    All I need is to be able to capture a 2-disc set onto one double layer
    disc. It matters not how I go about it. I could do it from ISO images
    or files on hard drive, etc. If there's any way to get this done, I
    can re-do my initial encoding and/or start over. Oldus? Anyone?
    Thanks!

    otivo, Feb 22, 2006
  6. otivo

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    In that case, it is fairly easy, but you should be aware you will lose
    the menus.

    DVD Shrink does not burn itself, but if you have Nero it will use the
    Nero burning engine to burn the disc, so the exercise becomes fairly easy.

    First rip to hard drive as files. It is probably easier to set the
    target DVD size at this stage to DVD 9 (under the Edit - Preferences
    menu). You only need to rip the main movie with required soundtracks.
    Do this with both parts of your 2 disc set.

    Once you have both parts in separate folders on your hard drive click on
    the Re-Author button.

    Using the DVD Browser tab in the right pane, navigate to the first half
    of the movie, select (usually) Title 1, and drag into the compilation
    window. Repeat the process for the second half. (Even though the
    second half will probably also be called title 1, when it is dragged
    into the compilation pane the title will change to Title 1(2).

    If you have Nero, it then becomes a no-brainer. Click on the Backup
    button and select your backup target as your burner, and whatever you
    want as the folder for temporary files. When done, click OK, and go
    and make a coffee.

    If you are not using Nero, then set the backup target to a folder on
    your hard drive or to an ISO, and burn the resulting files using the
    program of your choice.

    Oldus Fartus, Feb 22, 2006
  7. otivo

    otivo Guest

    Thank you! I managed to get both discs onto one dvd-9. However, I
    think I may have doubled my work a bit after I had Title 1 & Title 1
    (2) in the compilation window. I selected to backup to a folder in my
    hard drive, again, but now as one combined .iso file, then used Nero to
    burn that image into the disc. I wondered if there would be a gap or
    other if I selected the backup target as my burner. . . ? I might have
    to try that sometime to cut down the process. Thanks for your
    excellent help!

    otivo, Feb 25, 2006
  8. otivo

    Goro Guest

    intrestingly, WinRAR will extract files from an ISO "archive".

    -goro-

    Goro, Feb 26, 2006