Kill Bill Subtitle Question

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Tony soprano, Apr 19, 2004.

  1. Tony soprano

    Tony soprano Guest

    Ok I finally got around to watching Kill Bill V1 the other night.

    In the scenes where Japanese is being spoken, there were no captions on the
    sceen that let me know what the conversation was. I assumed that this was
    the way Tarentino wanted it and that's how it played in theatres.

    About halfway through I thought, why not hit the subtitles and see if that
    lets me know what they are saying?

    Lo and behold, I turn the subtitles on and now I get the whole converstaion.

    Does this happen on everyones player or is mine just acting weird with this
    disk?

    If you actually are required to turn subtitles on to get all the dialogue,
    that is complete bullshit that it isn't made clear anywhere on the packaging
    or even before the movie starts. I missed quite a bit of conversation before
    I decided to turn them on.

    T.

    Tony soprano, Apr 19, 2004

  2. Tony soprano

    Wynner Guest

    Depends on what English subtitles you use !!!

    There are English Subtitles + English Subtitles ( for the hard of hearing )

    You just need to use the "English Subtitles"

    Works fine on My Player.

    Wynner, Apr 19, 2004

  3. Tony soprano

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    Assuming this is the Region 1 disc you are talking about, subtitles
    should automatically appear over the Japanese dialogue. If you're not
    getting them, your DVD player is acting weird.

    If this is an Asian import disc you're talking about, subtitles are less
    likely to be automatically prompted.

    Joshua Zyber, Apr 20, 2004
  4. Tony soprano

    Shinner Guest

    worked the same way on the dvd drive in my pc

    Shinner, Apr 21, 2004
  5. Tony soprano

    Nonymous Guest

    I had the exact same thing happen to me with "Swimming Pool" when she meets
    and starts talking to the French caretaker who shows her around the house
    and they converse in French. No problem with KB V1, though.

    Nonymous, Apr 21, 2004