    What are they called? I have googled for mouse keyboard card or board,
    and have not gotten anything suitable. Ditto at Fries online.
    Sean

    Sean Cleary, May 22, 2008

  2. Sean Cleary

    Shadow36 Guest

    Your keyboard port is hardwired on the board and can't be replaced. Do you
    have a usb port? If so, you can use a usb keyboard. If you don't have a usb
    port, you can buy an expansion card that goes into your pc that has usb
    ports.

    Shadow36, May 22, 2008

  3. Sean Cleary

    Mister Guest

    Purchase a wireless USB keyboard and mouse combo. Or you can get the
    wired combo as well.

    Mister, May 29, 2008
  4. Sean Cleary

    Sean Cleary Guest

    The port finally died. I might get a wireless solution. The computer
    is old, uses win98, and might not boot up with new hardware. Well,
    thanks anyway. I had thought that I could simply stick the keyboard
    into the serial port. It did not recongize a serial keyboard either.

    Sean

    Sean Cleary, Jun 6, 2008
  5. Sean Cleary

    Sean Cleary Guest

    Also there are some usb to serial converters out there and usb to ps2
    converteres. none of which helped.

    Sean

    Sean Cleary, Jun 6, 2008