Keyboard oddity

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Jay, May 28, 2005.

  1. Jay

    Jay Guest

    Does this happen to anyone else? Could it be some hotkey combo I don't know
    of?
    I've accidentally found a way to recreate strange keyboard behaviour I've
    been having once in a while.... hold the smart comments!

    ok
    Press ctrl+shift (release) and type something.
    Text as expected? Doesn't happen everytime for me - takes a couple of
    retries before I recreate it.
    My text comes out as gobbledegook. If I rehit ctrl+shift it reverts to norm
    IBM PS2 keyboard (MS native drivers) non-IBM (clone) PC.
    I also remember it happening on a previous keyboard.

    Here's an example. Both instances should read hello. The second line will be
    after I've pressed ctrl+shift
    hello
    d.nnr

    Jay

    Jay, May 28, 2005

  2. Jay

    Harry Guest

    Faulty keyboard, faulty motherboard, faulty connector, faulty
    bug inside keyboard, or faulty spyware/hijackware running.
    Take your pick.

    Harry, May 28, 2005

  3. What happens if you select another keymap?

    Tony.

    The Black Wibble, May 28, 2005
  4. Jay

    Jay Guest

    We can rule out keyboard and spyware.
    Trying to remember if I had this happen before/after my last mobo purchase.

    Jay

    Jay, May 28, 2005
  5. Jay

    E. Scrooge Guest

    Quite normal for you, a lot of your posts are like that.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, May 28, 2005
  6. Jay

    Jay Guest

    Despite the request to hold smart comments and despite the fact you have
    zero knowledge on the subject, you still couldn't resist keeping your
    keyboard sized gob shut.

    Jay, May 28, 2005
  7. Jay

    E. Scrooge Guest

    You should join the police force as a defective.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, May 28, 2005
  8. Jay

    Jay Guest

    You should go and kill yourself.

    Jay

    Jay, May 28, 2005
  9. Jay

    Odin

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    To the OP:
    You're shifting your keyboard layout to DVORAK, as opposed to the standard QWERTY. No idea why Ctrl+Shift is causing it, though. Sorry.

    Odin, Mar 5, 2012