    Oh yeah, my keyboard has to connectors. One is USB and the other is serial.
    The instructions say to plug both in so I do. But I've been using this
    keyboard for about 2 years now anyways. Thanks for the help.

    Bud Light, Jan 21, 2005

  2. Bud Light

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | So this morning I start up my computer and before the OS even loads I get
    | the message "Keyboard error or no keyboard present". I check the back of
    my
    | computer and everything is plugged in. I restart the machine and I get
    the
    | same error. I unplug the keyboard (Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro) and
    | restart the machine. I get the same error and then I plug the keyboard
    back
    | in. I'm able to hit F1 and the loading process continues. I'm running
    | Windows XP Professional SP1. When I get to my password login screen the
    | keyboard is not recognized and I can't type my password. I use my mouse
    | restart the machine. This time everything goes through fine. I don't get
    | the keyboard error and I'm able to login by typing my password.
    |
    | Any thoughts? Is my mobo going down? Is my keyboard ready to be
    replaced?
    | Oh yeah, my keyboard has to connectors. One is USB and the other is
    serial.
    | The instructions say to plug both in so I do. But I've been using this
    | keyboard for about 2 years now anyways. Thanks for the help.

    I've never seen instructions on a keyboard suggest using BOTH connections.
    Bad idea IMO. Either use the USB or the PS2 connector. (It's a PS2
    connector, *not* serial.)

    If you have a spare keyboard, try that on the computer. (Borrow one from a
    neighbor?) You should be able to find out right away if it's the keyboard or
    the computer.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 22, 2005

  3. Bud Light

    Bud Light Guest

    Thanks for the help. I am not having that problem anymore. Hopefully it
    won't crop up again.

    Bud Light, Jan 22, 2005