    Works fine when booting from CD but not when
    booting from hard drive, windows NT, SP2, HP.

    clues? tests?

    Rick Merrill, Aug 10, 2006

  2. Rick Merrill

    why? Guest

    During install time? From the CD repair console , from the CD during
    install or Led Zeppelin CD
    Windows NT what version? Guessing you mean XP SP2, I can't even remember
    what SP NT3.51 got to and NT4 was SP6a + additions.
    Any clues?
    Keyboard make / model.
    USB or PS/2

    ME

    why?, Aug 10, 2006

  3. Rick Merrill

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Led Zeppelin CD
    Monster typo! Windows XP Pro, sp2 -- sorry!!!

    Tried 2 different keyboards - same thing!

    Rick Merrill, Aug 10, 2006
  4. Rick Merrill

    why? Guest

    So this is after a new install / or stopped working all of a sudden?

    Then it's a PS/2 keyboard.

    If it doesn't work in a normal boot, try the F8 boot option from the OS
    selection menu, option last known good configuration.

    However this can do odd things, on a server at worrk it rolled back more
    than 1 driver and a license file, that was a surprise :)

    Tried a USB keyboard.

    Mouse okay? Guessing you don't have a username / password, with a dud
    keyboards that's tricky, unless -

    Using a 2nd PC, and a trial version of Dameware Remote Control, which
    with admin rights you can install the software remotely (you do have
    them networked?) then using the remote keyboard login.

    Check device manager / event viewer. Drying something like device
    manager, delete the keyboard device and reboot to see if it auto
    detects.

    Me

    why?, Aug 10, 2006
  5. Rick Merrill

    Dan Evans Guest

    ISTR 5, but it knacked some network cards so a lot of machines got rolled
    back to SP4.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Aug 10, 2006
  6. Rick Merrill

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Well! The fix was to download ALL 'windows updates'!!

    Rick Merrill, Aug 11, 2006
  7. Rick Merrill

    why? Guest

    :) Somewhere I have still have a 3.50 and 3.51 CD.
    Me

    why?, Aug 12, 2006
  8. Rick Merrill

    why? Guest

    <VBG> , well that's easier then trying to find which one and why an MS
    OS wouldn't let you use your keyboard.

    Me

    why?, Aug 12, 2006
  9. Rick Merrill

    Dan Evans Guest

    I have 3.51 Advanced Server somewhere - still got a Netware 3.12 full set of
    disks and manuals as well.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Aug 12, 2006
  10. Rick Merrill

    why? Guest

    Some PFY ruined the Netware 3.11 set, instead of using a copy they used
    a bit of tape to undo the write protect.

    Same dork also wrote to 12 original DBase III+ disk 1's.

    Me

    why?, Aug 12, 2006
  11. Rick Merrill

    Plato Guest

    Using a standard keyboard?

    Plato, Aug 14, 2006
  12. Rick Merrill

    why? Guest

    OP helpfully never replied to that question.

    Me

    why?, Aug 15, 2006