    I found this problem when trying to reinstall the NVIDIA drivers from the CD

    Any help ???
    Anne

    Guest, Dec 2, 2005

  2. Guest

    Patrick Guest

    Did you uninstall the Nvida drivers before reinstalling?

    side note:

    I have had errors regarding ASUSHWIO.DLL in the past -
    for me it was issues with "asus probe" failing to execute on startup.

    Patrick, Dec 2, 2005

  3. My experience with manufacturer's CD's says that they are largly loaded with
    32bit stuff!!! If you're having a 64bit system up and running, you should
    get your drivers from the manufacturer's site, or nVidia, in this case.

    Failure to correctly un-install, seems to be one of 1.000's of possible
    causes for this event.

    You say the file IS there? Do check the path where you can see it, in a
    64bit system you would find it in a folder named 'amd64' - not 'i386' or
    something.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Dec 2, 2005
  4. My Asus support cd does not contain the 64-bit drivers I need. I have to
    use the website for 64-bit drivers. You may find that true in your case.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 2, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    No I did not. but I will try now.... as well as remove probe..
    Thanks, Anne

    Guest, Dec 3, 2005
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for the suggestions... I will try them this weekend...
    Anne

    Guest, Dec 3, 2005