    I'm new and I am looking to hear peoples thoughts of this.

    THANKS!
    Tim

    Tim, Sep 19, 2003

  2. They're mostly junk. I haven't seen a telextender that fit the F7x7
    cameras over 1.7x that was worth the money it cost. The Olympus TCON-17
    is about the best non-Sony you can get now and it sells for about $110.

    The Sony HGD1758 is the best and costs about $215 at discount.

    Godfrey

    Godfrey DiGiorgi, Sep 19, 2003

  3. >They're mostly junk. I haven't seen a telextender that fit the F7x7
    >cameras over 1.7x that was worth the money it cost. The Olympus TCON-17
    >is about the best non-Sony you can get now and it sells for about $110.

    I'd suggest staying away from using Canon teleconverters on an F717,
    too. The chromatic aberrations are just terrible sometimes. My
    fault, though. I've got no-one to plame but myself.

    Paul Fedorenko, Sep 19, 2003
  4. Tim

    Guest

    In message <>,
    Paul Fedorenko <> wrote:

    >>They're mostly junk. I haven't seen a telextender that fit the F7x7
    >>cameras over 1.7x that was worth the money it cost. The Olympus TCON-17
    >>is about the best non-Sony you can get now and it sells for about $110.

    >I'd suggest staying away from using Canon teleconverters on an F717,
    >too. The chromatic aberrations are just terrible sometimes. My
    >fault, though. I've got no-one to plame but myself.

    I have the Sony 1.7x that Godfrey recommended, for my F707, and it does
    not compromise the main lens in any significant way. Pictures are just
    as sharp, even at the corners. It is also wide enough that *no* light
    is lost. If I meter a wall without the TC, and then put it on, exposure
    is exactly the same. In other words, it is still f2.4 with the
    converter on.
    --

    John P Sheehy <>

    , Sep 23, 2003