    Guest Guest

    Happy april fools!

    Warner still doesn't have the balls to release this.

    Guest, Jul 7, 2003

  2. In the meantime you can enjoy Penderecki's opera "The Devils of Loudun."
    Both the movie and the opera are based on the same book by Aldous
    Huxley. I don't know that I would buy the DVD even if available, the
    torture scenes were extremely distressing. But obviously it is an
    important work of art that should be released.

    +Chase Kimball (), nom de Plum "Lord Brancaster"
    +aka "Hannibal" in the Quake Clan "Zero Tolerance."
    +Associate editor at http://www.gaminggroove.com
    +
    +"Sun-treader, light and life be thine for ever!" Robert Browning,
    +"Pauline."
    +
    +Visit my home page at http://www.aros.net/~chase to view the
    +virtual gallery of fantasy art of Jesse Allen, and the home site
    +of the Wasatch Avian Education Society.

    Chase Kimball, Jul 8, 2003

  3. Guest

    Invid Fan Guest

    Lair of the White Worm is fun. Not great, I agree, but damned worth
    watching.

    Invid Fan, Jul 11, 2003
  4. Guest

    Peter Briggs Guest

    Oh, God...no! Even Amanda Donohue's patented "getting her kit off" act
    can't save it!

    Peter Briggs, Jul 12, 2003
  5. Guest

    Invid Fan Guest

    It was the modern musical retelling of the legend that sucked me in.
    The film is a good, old fashioned B film in every sense.

    Invid Fan, Jul 12, 2003
  6. Guest

    Clare Quilty Guest

    How much are the bloody DVD rights for The Devils?! I'll release it!!!

    Tony

    Clare Quilty, Sep 1, 2003
  7. Guest

    Lookingglass Guest

    Has THE DEVILS ever been released on video? What is the reason for NOT
    releasing it?

    --
    PEACE... Dave www.Shemakhan.com

    ....we know what we are, but know not what we may be.

    Shakespeare

    Lookingglass, Sep 2, 2003
  8. Guest

    HappyHunter Guest

    It has been, cos someone lent me a copy of the video once, and it was
    the real thing (not a copy/pirate).

    not releasing it? something to do with blasphemy, as there's stuff
    like nuns simulating sex with a figure of Jesus, and suchlike.

    HappyHunter, Sep 2, 2003
  9. Guest

    Peter Briggs Guest

    This has been shown on BBC a couple of times in widescreen (I think I
    have a VHS somewhere.) Great film...this and "Altered States" are my
    two fave Russel movies (not counting "Billion Dollar Brain", I guess.)

    Peter Briggs, Sep 2, 2003