    IOS version?

    Thanks for any suggestions you may have..

    GNY

    GNY, Feb 8, 2008

  2. ~ How are you all keeping up with upgrades and new software available?
    ~
    ~ I have RSS for vulnerabilities and security issues, but there is no
    ~ RSS available for new IOS release by device/hardware/release train.
    ~
    ~ So last I upgraded one of my 2811 routers was 12.4(6)T and yesterday I
    ~ learned they are up to 12.4(18).
    ~
    ~ How could I have kept up with each release an security caveats in each
    ~ IOS version?
    ~
    ~ Thanks for any suggestions you may have..
    ~
    ~ GNY

    Product Alert Tool http://tools.cisco.com/Support/PAT/do/ViewMyProfiles.do
    should tell you via email of any security advisories that are applicable to
    your products of interest. (Also EoL announcements and field notices.)

    I'm not aware of any tool that will automatically tell you about new
    IOS images, though.

    Aaron

    Aaron Leonard, Feb 8, 2008

  3. GNY

    Lenny Guest

    Aaron,

    Thanks for this.. I never knew about it..

    There a just so many places on Cisco's site, its all unorganized, some
    links are borken.. yuck!

    I guess this is the best I can get..

    Thanks again ..

    GNY