    simple clear advice. I have hundreds of emails in different folders I want
    to keep and not have to start from scratch.

    Thanks

    Steve, May 2, 2005

  2. Steve

    Gordon Guest

    Steve wrote:
    || I have Win 98 with OE6
    || Want to reinstall windows but want to keep all my OE folders,
    || messages and address book, i.e. start with my internet exactly where
    || I left off before. What's the easiest way to do this? I am not too
    || technical so need some simple clear advice. I have hundreds of
    || emails in different folders I want to keep and not have to start
    || from scratch.
    || Thanks

    Backup and Restore OE

    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm

    Gordon, May 2, 2005

  3. Steve

    dadiOH Guest

    A Windows reinstall "over the top" (without formatting) won't change any
    of your other stuff.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, May 2, 2005
  4. Steve

    gangle Guest

    There are websites that tell you how to do this manually, and there
    are several programs out there that will do it for you. I can tell you
    that, after data loss using the manual method, I have used this
    easy-as-pie program: http://www.inachis.com/products/index.htm
    for about 2.5 years to transfer and update OE data from
    one computer to another WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS.

    gangle, May 2, 2005