    to say that my network isn't in range then about 30 seconds later it connects
    back but only for about a minute or so at most and then it's gone again. Any
    ideas on what's going on?

    Guest, Feb 8, 2005

  2. Guest

    mikeFNB Guest

    see my msg previous

    mike

    mikeFNB, Feb 8, 2005

  3. Make sure you have 802.1x authentication disabled for your wireless
    connextion.
    1. Double Click on your wireless network connection in the system tray
    2. Click on Properties
    3. Click on the Wireless Networks Tab
    4. In the Prefered Networks window, Click on your Network
    5. Click on Properties
    6. Click on the Authentication Tab
    7. Uncheck the box next to Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this
    network
    8. Click OK

    That should do it.

    Robert....

    Robert Jacobs, Feb 9, 2005
  4. Guest

    JamesP Guest

    I'm having the same problem and it started all of the
    sudden! The problem is intermitten and some days doesn't
    occur at all, there's no rhyme or reason that I can see.
    I read the advice you were given and checked my settings
    but it didn't apply (802.1x Authentication was not
    enabled.) Any other things I can look into?

    JamesP, Feb 15, 2005
  5. Guest

    mikeFNB Guest

    interference, change channel.

    mike

    mikeFNB, Feb 15, 2005
  6. Guest

    WLW Guest

    If it started "All of a sudden" then look for something NEW in the area that
    is generating interference or blocking the signal.

    Try changing channels, but if that does not get rid of the problem then you
    need to look for things like wireless telephones, other wireless networks,
    improperly shielded electric motors, microwave ovens, bad ballast on a
    fluorescent light, kid with a wireless remote-control toy, etc. Also look
    for something that is coming between you and the access point that might be
    blocking the signal. Look for things like something metallic, something
    electronic or electrical, something with wires, even mylar balloons (someone
    here got a mylar balloon bouquet for Valentines Day - they are really pretty
    but they really screw up the wireless signal at her desk!).

    Good Luck,

    WLW, Feb 15, 2005
  7. Guest

    quisher khan

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I am having a problem wireless user geting disconnection,

    i can brief you the setup detais for my network, i am having around 600 cisco access point and using cisco 6500 switches with WiSM module and WLc code i am suing Cisco 6.0.182.

    and user getting disconnetion.

    pls suggets if any one faced same issue.

    quisher khan, Jan 7, 2010