    P.S. This Setup On My Beta Test Machine Is Temporary Only As I am Anxiously
    Waiting For The Windows Vista RTM X64 Download To Be Put Back on MSDN's
    Server's, Just FYI.

    Kevin John Panzke, Nov 28, 2006

  2. I hope you contact MSDN and resolve that issue. I am seeing it right now
    (and have all day) so I think you can wait an awfully long time for it to
    show up unless you get hold of MSDN.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 28, 2006

  3. As I recall, updates was never supposed to run with the Betas. The natural
    update would be the next Beta, and after that the Release. It definitly
    worked with the trial too!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 28, 2006
  4. Kevin John Panzke

    Theo Guest

    Theo, Nov 28, 2006
  5. Kevin John Panzke

    Theo Guest

    For the most part you're right, but I have been getting some
    automatic updates on my system.

    Theo, Nov 28, 2006
  6. Kevin John Panzke

    Theo Guest

    Did you read the "Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 Beta
    Release" dated June 26th 2006?

    It states:

    Customer Value Proposition for Service Pack 2

    Includes all previously released Security Bulletin Updates
    Rolls up all individual hotfixes released to customers since
    RTM
    Provides fixes to increase reliability, robustness and security

    That should include KB913433. There would be no logical
    reason why it would be captured by Windows Automatic Updates
    since it's already in the system. Why would you want it a
    second time?

    Theo, Nov 28, 2006
  7. Kevin John Panzke

    sonnysolanki Guest

  8. Sorry, there is no way you can make the Beta versions update - if you're on
    Beta and need an update, you need a new version. Furthermore, I don't
    believe the Beta and/or the Trial versions are even 'Legal' any longer, they
    all automatically expire upon final release.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 13, 2008
  9. Correct. The SP2 beta must be uninstalled before WU will offer the final
    version or any subsequent updates. If the full version with SP2 beta
    integrated was installed the only way is to reinstall XP Pro x64 from
    scratch and then let WU take care of the rest. In any case a repair install
    is blocked if the installation cd is at a different service pack level from
    the version installed on the hard drive.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 13, 2008