    <http://www.organicimaging.com/content/organic-imaging-quickstart-tutori
    al>

    skip to 4:55, where twice he says camera raw files are not accepted.

    nospam, May 12, 2013

  2. philo

    philo  Guest

    On 05/12/2013 03:56 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
    pg

    It's all in the personality :)

    My 3rd one will be next year.

    However the years really past by fast and we are both long term planners.

    Last year when I gave my wife a calendar in January...
    a few days later she had the year planned already and honestly asked me
    if I could get her a calendar for the following year.

    philo , May 12, 2013

  3. philo

    PeterN Guest

    You have a discinct resemblence to Groucho Marx.

    <http://media.photobucket.com/user/scoobyfro/media/groucho.gif.html?filters[term]=groucho%20marx&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=17>

    <http://preview.tinyurl.com/cwzzv6a>

    PeterN, May 13, 2013
  4. philo

    philo  Guest

    And I have sarcastic humor like him too...

    only no cigar!

    philo , May 13, 2013
  5. philo

    J. Clarke Guest

    It doesn't just work for people who "use all aspects of it". Using two
    or three aspects of it is fine.
    You can run it, but in 20 years are you going to want to?
    The same.
    Sounds like you're not really the target market.

    J. Clarke, May 13, 2013
  6. philo

    Whisky-dave Guest

    If buying this product is it for use on only ONE computer or only ONE OS.
    For me I'd say that buying such a thing should mean you can use it on as many computers as you own or use,provided you're only running one copy at a time.
    How often does it phone home or is it launched on-line in which case if I don;t have a network connection or a relible one then I can't use the software I'm renting.

    Whisky-dave, May 13, 2013
  7. philo

    J. Clarke Guest

    "Yes, you can use Creative Cloud desktop applications on two computers
    at once, regardless of operating system, for the individual associated
    with the Creative Cloud membership. See the product license agreements
    page for more information."

    Whatever page you are on that mentions "buying" has nothing to do with
    Creative Cloud since you cannot buy Creative Cloud, only rent it.

    If you were actually researching instead of just parading your ignorance
    you would know that it phones home once a month.

    J. Clarke, May 13, 2013
  8. philo

    PeterN Guest

    PeterN, May 14, 2013
  9. philo

    J. Clarke Guest

    You have 90 days before it deactivates.

    J. Clarke, May 14, 2013
  10. philo

    J. Clarke Guest

    J. Clarke, May 14, 2013
  11. philo

    Robert Coe Guest

    : OK. The report [on "Organic Imaging"].
    :
    : The .dmg download was uneventful.
    : The installer is definitely a not what I would have expected of an
    : Apple compliant install. That said I went for the simplest install. The
    : two stage, two piece install is odd, but worked out in the end.
    : The App moved into the "Applications" folder, and the "Organic Imaging"
    : folder with all its contents ended up in my User folder.
    : Examining the "Organic Imaging" work files folder reveals it to be all Java.
    : The only RAW files it handles are Canon CR2.
    :
    : Here is the manual. This thing seems to be very Windowsish:
    : < http://www.organicimaging.com/sites/default/files/downloads/manual_en.pdf >
    : All it seems capable of is a set of basic
    : exposure/brightness/contrast/saturation adjustments.

    If that's all it does, and its only RAW mode is .CR2, you might as well use
    Canon's Digital Photo Professional. It does those things and more; it comes
    free with a Canon camera; and there's a version for the Mac (although I've
    used it only on Windows computers). It isn't perfect, but it does what it does
    pretty well. One thing it has, that some here have complained about other
    editors not having, is a very good aspect-ratio-based cropping tool.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, May 19, 2013
  12. philo

    nospam Guest

    it doesn't do *any* raw at all.

    nospam, May 19, 2013
  13. philo

    Robert Coe Guest

    On 2013-05-19 05:25:32 -0700, Robert Coe <> said:
    :
    : > On Sun, 12 May 2013 12:20:11 -0700, Savageduck
    : > :
[...]
    : >
    : > If that's all it does, and its only RAW mode is .CR2, you might as
    : > well use Canon's Digital Photo Professional. It does those things and
    : > more; it comes free with a Canon camera; and there's a version for
    : > the Mac (although I've used it only on Windows computers). It isn't
    : > perfect, but it does what it does pretty well. One thing it has, that
    : > some here have complained about other editors not having, is a very
    : > good aspect-ratio-based cropping tool.
    : >
    : > Bob
    :
    : If all you have available and don't want to spend additional $$$, then
    : DPP will get your images through RAW(CR2) conversion and some
    : adjustment. I have a copy which came with my G11, and I have used it,
    : and I can confirm that it works. However, when compared with what is
    : available for the Mac other than Photoshop it is not a great performer.
    : Both Lightroom and PSE are far superior to DPP and I would use either
    : of those, separately or together before depending on DPP.

    DPP has evolved considerably over the several years I've been using it. I
    don't know enough about Lightroom to question your conclusion, but any
    comments regarding DPP should be based on familiarity with the most recent
    version.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, May 19, 2013