Kazaa, Blah!!

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by jayjwa, Oct 2, 2003.

  1. jayjwa

    jayjwa Guest

    How can all you people that post about Kazaa do it in a security forum?
    Kazaa is thee biggest security hole, after, prehaps Internet Explorer.
    How many times has it been found to have Spyware loaded now? This idiot
    on the same ISP as I was, using Kazaa, and his computer kept pinging me,
    pinging me, pinging me... constantly. Did you know if you send some
    packets to a certain port, Kazaa will dump all it's info about you? I
    had the guy's online name, Kazza version, OS version, etc... Kazaa! You
    may just as well open telnet to your machine with no password and login
    name "guest". I hate Kazaa!

    --
    --------------nonoffensive sig.v2.2RC2?------------------------
    - jayjwa 4 Spammers: mailto:

    ==Atr2.Ath.Cx: Linux Tough, Powered by Slackware.=============

    jayjwa, Oct 2, 2003

  2. jayjwa

    Virus Guest

    Do you hate kazaalite too? :)

    Virus, Oct 2, 2003

  3. jayjwa

    Mimic Guest

    maybe you shoudl research things before you post, do you know WHY it was
    pinging you ?
    Chances are you got assigned the IP of someone who had just dropped,
    therefore all his uploads/downloads were searching for the machine.

    The biggest security hole is a lack of education

    --
    Mimic

    and those that dont."
    "C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but
    when you do, it blows away your whole leg"

    jayjwa, Oct 2, 2003
  5. jayjwa

    jayjwa Guest

    Exactly. But I'd think the people that coded it would take that into
    account, and not divulge info about the host its running on....

    Then I have to go and sort thru my logs, ignoring all the ICMP Req's, to
    see if anything meaningful occured. It's much harder looking for
    something when it's buried under 3 pages of garbage, all because some
    twit was DL'ing the boxxed set of New Kids On The Block then decided
    he'd rather get Manudo instead. Then I have to go reconfigure the FW to
    ignore those- more time wasted. Because Mr. Music-Man wanted to rock-out
    to NKOTB.
    Actually, I should get Kazaa. I have a few "programs" I'd like to
    "share" with that guy....
    Agreed. Education.............. and KAZAA! ;p

    jayjwa, Oct 2, 2003
  6. jayjwa

    donutbandit Guest

    People who ask questions about Kazaa in this forum are looking for answers,
    not giving them.

    The OP obviously knows nothing to begin with.

    donutbandit, Oct 2, 2003