    strangely silent on the matter.

    JaR
    Stumped Thug

    JaR, Jan 30, 2004

  2. You've got a popup blocker running on that box.

    --
    Fris "And don't call me Kay" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jan 30, 2004

  3. JaR

    JaR Guest

    Nope! In fact, I have Google pop-up blocker and mozilla (which has it's own)
    on my box, and it works fine. The offending box has no blocker, and yes, it
    accepts cookies.

    So do I BTW, if you have any chocklit chips lyin' around?

    And I wasn't calling you Kay, I was talking to your secretary. Her name *is*
    Kay, isn't it?

    JaR
    Mistaken Thug

    JaR, Jan 30, 2004
  4. I still suspect that, as that's the error message you get when a popup is
    blocked by the google toolbar. You might want to look at the source (HTML)
    of the web site in question.

    --
    Fris "Pop goes the [email protected] weasel" bee® MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jan 30, 2004
  5. JaR

    JaR Guest

    What should I be looking for in the source?

    JaR, Jan 30, 2004
  6. JaR

    kpg Guest

    Replace the cpu.

    kpg, Jan 30, 2004
  7. JaR

    JaR Guest

    I'm gonna replace the whole fsck'n PII Win 98 piece of^H^H^H^Hcomputer as
    soon as I get approval from the cheap bas^H^H^H^HComptoller. But I'd sure
    like to figure this out in the meantime. It's driving me nuts.

    And as you all are aware, I don't have far to go!

    JaR
    Crazed Thug

    JaR, Jan 30, 2004
  8. JaR

    Dragon Guest

    Dragon, Jan 31, 2004
  9. JaR

    JaR Guest

    Nope, but the article pertains to IE 5.5 this is using 6.0.

    Also it's a hyperlinked page, not a typed in URL.

    Thanks for trying, Dragon.

    Aw, screw! I guess it can wait 'till Monday. There's a cold beer waiting for
    me.

    JaR
    Gone Thug

    JaR, Jan 31, 2004
  10. XP SP2 beta per chance ?
    That changes the setting on your broswer and enables an internet
    explorer pop-up blocker
    ================================
    We require rigidly defined areas
    of doubt and uncertainty!
    (remove vroomfondle to email me)
    ================================

    Marlin Munrow (The PFY), Jan 31, 2004
  11. circa Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:28:51 -0800, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, JaR ()
    said,
    Check the security, cookie and advanced settings in IE.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson [MVP], Feb 1, 2004
  12. JaR

    JaR Guest

    Nope, sorry. win98!

    Thanx anyway

    JaR

    JaR, Feb 2, 2004
  13. JaR

    JaR Guest

    Hi Laura!

    Nothing weird there. Security and cookies were both at medium. I did try
    setting both to low, but that changed nothing. Java is enabled as are ssl
    2.0 & 3.0.

    ???
    JaR

    JaR, Feb 2, 2004
  14. There is likely some object the site is trying to create, but cannot for
    whatever reason. Do you have ActiveX disabled? You might try ctrl-F5 to
    force a hard re-load of the page, and/or you might try clearing the cache.
    Is script debugging turned off?

    Have you looked down the "advanced" section for internet options on both the
    machine that does not work and one of the machines that does? Line by line?

    --
    Fris "Line dancer" bee® MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Feb 2, 2004
  15. JaR

    JaR Guest

    Guess what? Clearing the caches did it. I haven't had a chance to check if
    it worked until just now. That was it! Somehting in there was screwing stuff
    up.

    Thanks to all who tried to help.

    JaR
    Grateful Thug

    JaR, Feb 2, 2004
  16. If the online course uses ASP, your old Windows 98 machine may have to
    update it's Visual Basic run time files in order to create the newer object
    type. Do a search on Microsoft for updated VB run time files for Win98.

    Politician Spock, Feb 2, 2004