Kaspersky calls for end to net anonymity

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by jc, Oct 18, 2009.

  1. jc

    jc Guest

    http://www.zdnetasia.com/insight/security/0,39044829,62058697,00.htm

    [Q] That's it? What's wrong with the design of the Internet?

    [Kaspersky] There's anonymity. Everyone should and must have an
    identification, or Internet passport. The Internet was designed not for
    public use, but for American scientists and the U.S. military. That was
    just a limited group of people--hundreds, or maybe thousands. Then it
    was introduced to the public and it was wrong to introduce it in the
    same way.

    I'd like to change the design of the Internet by introducing
    regulation--Internet passports, Internet police and international
    agreement--about following Internet standards. And if some countries
    don't agree with or don't pay attention to the agreement, just cut them off.

    Maybe it's time to call for an end to Kaspersky's influence in computer
    security.

    jc

    jc, Oct 18, 2009

  2. [snip]
    And then we can go after the folk who mistake "loose" for "lose".
    And if we follow up by banning the people who add in an apostrophe
    when using the possessive form of "it[']s", we'll have lots
    and lots of spare capacity...

    danny burstein, Oct 19, 2009