    originally recorded. Is it the same hit-and-miss kind of a things with
    CoolEdit? YoGen or other vocal removers?

    MM

    Saddles, Nov 22, 2003

  2. They all use the same method: They rely upon the voice information being
    recorded equally on both channels (dead center, in stereo) and remove
    anything that is. Of course this doesn't work if any voices are placed
    off-center, and if anything other than the voice information is placed
    there it will likely be gone too. While I'll grant that the methods for
    doing used in different programs may be a little different, and one may
    yield _slightly_ better results than another (it might be worth trying them
    out if you can do so without having to pay first), generally speaking there
    is only so much that can be done and if Goldwave can't do a thorough job of
    it I doubt others can. You might try Audacity
    (http://audacity.sourceforge.net), which is a very good program and free to
    boot; if it can't do better than Goldwave I'd say that's a good indication.

    Gary G. Taylor, Nov 22, 2003