    Has anyone comapred the two ?

    Thank you.
    Kalia.

    kalia, Jan 2, 2004

  2. kalia

    Lorne Smith Guest

    Kalani book = Good resource...
    MSFT book = Good toilet paper :)

    Lorne Smith, Jan 2, 2004

  3. kalia

    Guest Guest

    lol .. yeah Ive seen it on sale at costco...
    But seriously is it that bad ? Does it not cover the
    topics sufficiently or is it because it is at a basic
    level?

    Guest, Jan 2, 2004
  4. I stopped buying MS Press training books after the sql server 2000
    ones. The amount of errors was embarrassing. I've flicked through a
    few of the net dot books someone here bought in a while back, and for
    me they don't even make good primers.

    Don't see way this should be so, in general the ms press books (non
    certification) are excellent.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 2, 2004
  5. I have to vote with Lorne. I have all the MCAD/MCSD Training Kits, but I've
    gotten the most value out of the Kalani books. In my experience both the
    Exam Cram Series and the Full Training Kits are very valuable.

    As a money saving side note, these kits are available on Safari.
    (safari.oreilly.com). I paid only $19.99 bucks for access to them. I paid
    $150.00 for the MCAD/MCSD Training Kits (and they don't make good toliet
    paper!).

    Good Luck on the Exams!
    Dylan

    Dylan Phillips, Jan 2, 2004
  6. I would disagree. The material is not very deep, but it is a good resource
    .... if you do the labs. Of course, any book is good if you will actually
    start coding. ;->

    The .NET MSPress books are a bit shallow (as far as complexity is
    concerned), but they cover a wide array of techniques necessary to pass the
    exam. The .NET exam guides are far better than previous MSPress exam guides.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Jan 3, 2004
  7. The .NET books are not bad. I will agree that the SQL Server 2000 books
    sucked royally. The best way to use the MSPress .NET cert books is to make
    sure you do all of the labs. I have taken a couple of guys through the books
    and had great success on the tests. I also use practice tests (Transcender
    in this case) to gauge where the guys are before sending them out to try to
    cert.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Jan 3, 2004
  8. Microsoft Training Kits are trash.
    Kalani books are king.

    General Protection Fault, Jan 5, 2004