Justifiable?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by The Real Truth MVP, Jun 16, 2010.

  1. The Real Truth MVP, Jun 16, 2010

  2. The Real Truth MVP

    OldGringo38 Guest

    OldGringo38, Jun 16, 2010

  3. The Real Truth MVP

    Parko Guest

    Parko, Jun 16, 2010
  4. The Real Truth MVP

    thanatoid Guest

    You have a shitty dangerous program running on a shitty
    dangerous platform. Never mind the XP platform, you're stuck
    with it like most people.

    Get vlc for XP, it plays EVERYTHING and it will blow your mind.
    I recommend uninstalling WMP FIRST if possible, and certainly
    allow vlc to associate ALL media files (unless you have a
    favorite mp3 [or something] player which you use for music). But
    for all video, vlc rules.

    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

    I would NOT keep WMP just for mp3's. There are MUCH better free
    mp3 players all over the place.

    thanatoid, Jun 16, 2010
  5. "The Weaw Twuth MVP" <> wwote in newth:hw9fo3$w7u$1
    @weythoth.motthawewwa.owg:

    Totawwy yuftifiabwe!

    Woman #2 kweawwy wath guiwty of obftwukting yuftike and kweawwy put
    hew handth on the offithew whiwe whiwe he wath pewfowming hith wawfuw
    dutieth.

    Thith wideo thowth that bwakk kommunity in totaw dithwegawd of of the
    waw! Fithwt bweaking the waw the attawkted the attention of a powithe
    offithew and thekond hew fwiendth athauwting the offithew.

    Ath a bwakk mawe Patwikk Buttth thinkth thith ith kathe of wathe
    pweyudithe. That ith a white mawe powithe offithew athauwting a bwakk
    femawe thitithen. Thith poft awtho thowth a dithwethpekt of the waw
    fwom the bwakk kommunity.

    Sandra Phipps, Jun 16, 2010
  6. The Real Truth MVP

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Not much left if you get shot with that baby. <g>

    OldGringo38, Jun 16, 2010
  7. The Real Truth MVP

    chuckcar Guest

    chuckcar, Jun 16, 2010
  8. The Real Truth MVP

    chuckcar Guest

    Thanks for putting some sanity in a group dominated by nonsence.

    http://www.updatexp.com/c00d1199.html

    chuckcar, Jun 16, 2010
  9. The Real Truth MVP

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Very well put.

    OldGringo38, Jun 16, 2010
  10. The Real Truth MVP

    G. Morgan Guest

    Forte Agent started a new thread for me since the poster changed the subject
    line. I wouldn't have even noticed he piggybacked on the thief's post if you
    didn't point it out.

    G. Morgan, Jun 16, 2010
  11. The Real Truth MVP

    Meat Plow Guest

    Google windows media player classic and vlc. Between the two you can play
    99.9% of media out there.

    Meat Plow, Jun 16, 2010
  12. Gosh, I hope Agent isn't *that* broken! Look at the reference headers
    to be sure. It may have appeared as something new if you are, say,
    sorting on Subject line or Date, rather than using Threaded view.

    But hey, let's blame it all on the Lordy Mercy guy and his inferior
    newsreader!! :)

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 16, 2010
  13. The Real Truth MVP

    Meat Plow Guest

    Meat Plow, Jun 16, 2010
  14. The Real Truth MVP

    Jordon Guest

    Jordon, Jun 16, 2010
  15. The Real Truth MVP

    richard Guest

    Simply because male white officer strikes black person makes it a racially
    prejudiced issue?
    Bullshit!
    In my opinion, the officer was wrong for the assault regardless of skin
    color involved. Did I see that right? No sound so I have to assume the cop
    was with the US Dorest Service? Without the details of what actually
    happened, I really don't know what to make of it. But the cop had no
    justification for the assault. On either woman.

    richard, Jun 16, 2010
  16. The Real Truth MVP

    richard Guest

    http://www.newsnet14.com/2010/06/16...-was-injured-during-the-incident-police-said/

    For the "Real Truth" check out this article.
    The reason for the altercation was the fact that the officer had spotted a
    black male jaywalking, when he should have been using the nearby overhead
    crosswalk.
    During that stop, the officer sees 4 black women doing the same thing. He
    calls them over to his car. Two wind up leaving. Apparently, there are
    conflicting stories as to the nature of the assault. Either way, the
    officer already had his hand on the girl holding her. I could not clearly
    see what she did to provoke his attack. Either way, the assault on the girl
    was not justifiable. Now he will have to answer to assault and battery
    charges that will be placed against him, and a lawsuit.

    richard, Jun 16, 2010
  17. The Real Truth MVP

    Mike Easter Guest

    This video showing a cop punching a female does not tell the story
    sufficiently.

    This article tells more about the events preceding the punch.

    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/96353934.html

    .... even tho' that KOMO article (also) just emphasizes the officer
    punching with the photo accompanying the words.

    If we isolate snippets of an altercation between uncooperative criminals
    who are being retained and who are resisting the actions of the
    retaining officer - then it looks bad for the officer.

    In the beginning a crime was being committed. The officer retained the
    first criminal for citing. Next, some more criminals began perpetrating
    the same crime in front of the officer. When the officer tried to
    retain those 'secondary' criminals for citation, they resisted the
    violation processing and physically and verbally abused the officer.

    The photo at the link took place when the officer responded - likely
    suboptimally - to a criminal's abettor who was assaulting him.

    That punched person was physically interfering with the officer in the
    performance of his duties, retaining a perpetrator. Apparently the
    punch was a tactic to countermand that interference. The article says:

    "punching is a trained tactic"

    The fact that the initial crime was jaywalking doesn't mean that the cop
    ran up to the jaywalker and punched her in the face. More like a
    non-jaywalker physically interfered with and assaulted a police officer
    in an attempt to 'free' a criminal being retained and the officer
    reacted with modest physical force as a tactic to regain control of the
    situation.

    Mike Easter, Jun 16, 2010
  18. The Real Truth MVP

    Jordon Guest

    Not according to a 30 year veteran in law enforcement
    training...

    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/96434644.html

    But then, you with your shopping mall security training
    should know better, eh?

    Jordon, Jun 16, 2010
  19. The Real Truth MVP

    Mike Easter Guest

    There is a lot more video at that link.

    According to the interviewed "program manager for Fitness and Force
    Training" the punch was appropriate, but not necessarily the optimal
    overall response.

    One problem with the punch strategy in this scene is that the officer
    might injure his hand/fist. One good thing is that it was quick and
    apparently effective at restoring some order.

    The expert comments that what the officer might have done better earlier
    was to get the 'other' girl more detained more quickly -- suggesting
    that perhaps the detaining cop should have taken her down to the ground
    to get the cuffs on her, rather than standing up to do it, which was
    awkward here with the limited cooperation and resistance.

    The girl who got punched was not the girl he was trying to put the cuffs
    on, but someone who was trying to 'get her away' from the cop.

    Mike Easter, Jun 16, 2010
  20. The Real Truth MVP

    Mike Easter Guest

    Jaywalking kills a lot of people. Cops on the beat have to make
    judgments as to when to cite a person (or persons) for what might seem
    to be trivial infraction.

    I suggest that when a cop decides to detain you to give you a citation
    for some trivial infraction that you cooperate with him -- and also that
    any friends who you might have nearby not attack the officer to try to
    physically release you from his detention.

    If there is a problem with respect for the police, whether it comes
    about because of pre-existing racial attitudes or not, that the
    perpetrators cooperate with the law enforcement process.

    Mike Easter, Jun 16, 2010