    thing I've noticed is that if you have multiple email accounts, they are
    displayed on the same screen. You don't have to "switch" over to an
    account to view your messages, as you do with OE. This is much quicker.

    History Fan, May 6, 2006

  2. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    Well, I discovered two issues with Thunderbird already. At least
    one of them appears to be a glitch. I have several email accounts, and
    I've sent several messages to myself while Thunderbird is open, as a
    test. After a few minutes, I see and hear the new mail icon. However,
    when I visit my Inbox, nothing new is there. If I click the "Get Mail
    button," the new mail finally appears.

    I also have newsgroups set up with Thunderbird. I've subscribed to
    several. However, I don't see any Refresh button. How do you refresh
    the newsgroup your currently viewing to see the new posts?

    History Fan, May 6, 2006
  4. History Fan

    gwtc Guest

    close the entire newsgroup and reopen it.

    gwtc, May 6, 2006
  5. History Fan

    Skratz Guest

    check in the account settings > server settings there is a option
    automatically download new messages.
    right-click on the newsgroup and select "get messages for account"

    Skratz, May 7, 2006
  6. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    Thanks. Those two tips appear to work.

    History Fan, May 7, 2006
  7. I just installed Thunderbird and every time I try to open it I get a error
    message and it has to close.
    I've tried reinstalling it also with no luck. Any ideas?

    Skeeter {UPSF}, May 29, 2006
  8. What error message do you get?

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jun 29, 2006
  9. What error message do you get?