    Will let you guys know when I receive it
    Looks like I may be doing business with the "NEW" Planet
    Along with DVD Pacific also.

    J. Alfred Prufrock, Oct 5, 2003

  2. Which is bad news for us living in the Chicago area because now we will
    probably get a nice chunck of sales tax added on to our order. If I'm not
    mistaken, Itasca Illinois (the O'Hare airport area) is also the home of the
    other big DVD online retailer -Deep Discount DVD. Looks like us in Illinois
    are doomed to sales tax no matter what.

    JV

    Joseph Vitale, Oct 5, 2003

  3. J. Alfred Prufrock

    Stan Brown Guest

    Deep Discount DVD ships from Itasca, and recently stopped answering
    the phone live and instituted an annoying voice menu.

    Do you suppose they bought the name and are operating under both
    names now?

    Stan Brown, Oct 6, 2003
  4. J. Alfred Prufrock

    David Neal Guest

    DVD Planet
    Infinity Resources, Inc. is a privately held company consisting of
    proprietary catalog and internet-based retailing and third-party catalog
    and e-commerce fulfillment operations.

    Our offices are located at 900 N. Rohlwing Road, Itasca, IL 60143.
    ---
    DeepDiscountDVD.com is a division of Infinity Resources, Inc. Our
    mailing address is:

    DeepDiscountDVD.com
    PO Box 78
    Itasca, IL 60143-0078

    David Neal, Oct 6, 2003
  5. J. Alfred Prufrock

    Rascal Guest

    They in fact are now both owned by Infinty Resources or something like
    that..the company that previously drop shipped for Planet and also does
    DDDVD and Digital Eyes. So goes to show you should expect same service from
    all 3 of these companies. I switched recently to DVD Pacific and find them
    much better to deal with. Pricing is simliar but top notch customer service.

    Rascal, Oct 6, 2003
  6. J. Alfred Prufrock

    djskyler Guest

    So basically someone in Itasca answers the phone at "DVD Planet" and quotes
    the Indiana Jones DVD trilogy at $48.99.
    Then the "Deep Discount" phone next to it rings, and the same person then
    quotes the trilogy at $44.29 & free shipping.
    I saw a skit like this in an Abbott and Costello film.

    djskyler, Oct 6, 2003
  7. J. Alfred Prufrock

    Stan Brown Guest

    I've recently become disgusted with DDDVD again.

    I never get confirming e-mails as promised, though usually I do get
    the e-mails when they ship. I called to report this, and the droid
    on the phone refused to take a phone report, insisting I must e-mail
    them. I did that, and got an auto-reply promising a real reply
    "usually within 24 hours".

    Three days later, nothing. I e-mailed again, and got nothing, not
    even an auto-reply. Repeat for a couple of days, till I called them
    after a week. Spoke to a different droid who started the whole
    process again -- said they would get back to me in TWO WEEKS after
    investigating.

    Needless to say, that was three weeks ago. I'm not annoyed to write
    off DDDVD completely, but won't use them unless they're
    substantially cheaper than the competition, which is rare.

    I've started using ULN.com (dba Bestprices.com), based on prices in
    DVDPriceSearch.com. I've placed only three orders but all have gone
    fine.

    Stan Brown, Oct 7, 2003
  8. J. Alfred Prufrock

    Stan Brown Guest

    Many, many phone companies do business this way: one price under one
    company name, a different price under a different name. I think
    there are really only a handful of companies that actually own all
    those 10-10-XXX long-distance codes.

    Stan Brown, Oct 7, 2003
  9. J. Alfred Prufrock

    Rascal Guest

    Now that made me smile!!..LOL

    Rascal, Oct 7, 2003
  10. J. Alfred Prufrock

    Evil Guest

    I've been extremely satisfied with DVDPacific.com for their customer
    service, price, and shipping. Their shipping prices are a bit pricey
    (esp. compared to flat rate that Ken Cranes used to have and hte
    Amazon free shipping), but i LOVE their customer service. I have
    gotten responses within 24 hrs each time. You can also check the
    status of your order online. that's nice.

    Evil, Oct 8, 2003