  1. .... with an 872. Once again, Kalani supplied everything I needed to know.

    I figured this would have been the easier of 315, 316 and 320, but it
    was the hardest.

    General Protection Fault, Dec 3, 2003

  2. General Protection Fault

    Guest Guest

    Wow, your screamin' through these tests!!
    Cool

    Guest, Dec 3, 2003

  3. I've passed 70-316, and 70-315, I'm going to take 70-320 in a few weeks or
    so. Can you offer any advice. As far as the difficulty of the exams....I
    agree that 70-316 is more difficult than 70-315. I think that it covers a
    larger range of topics.

    Dan Normington, Dec 3, 2003
  4. General Protection Fault

    Ramon Guest

    Hi GFP, congrats for passing the exam.

    I just passed 70-315 today and would like to have some
    advice on the next exam to take.

    My daily work consists mostly on web applications; I've
    done one windows application and one .net cf application
    only, but now that I passed 70-315 I wonder if it makes
    sense to take 70-316 next since I think some topics like
    Creating and Managing Components and .NET Assemblies,
    Consuming and Manipulating Data and Testing and Debugging
    should have things in common in both exams, especially
    the ADO.Net part.

    I would definitely feel more comfortable with 70-229, but
    I would like to know if I can take advantage of what I
    have already studied and continue studying for 70-316 and
    take 70-229 at a later time.

    Thanks,
    Ramon

    Ramon, Dec 4, 2003
  5. Thanks. After taking 300, 320 and 315, 316 had so much overlap it
    didn't take too long to study. Now I just have 229 left, and I'm an
    MCSD(.NET)!

    General Protection Fault, Dec 4, 2003
  6. I'd take 316 next. If you working with COM+ in VB6, you'd be ready for
    320. 320 is more COM+ than anything else.
    For sure, take the other C# exams while it's still fresh in your mind.

    General Protection Fault, Dec 4, 2003
  7. Final rush, congrats !

    Just hoping that the Microsoft Certifications Server won't
    have a GPF while validating your transcript ;-)

    Laurent Desmons, Dec 4, 2003
  8. General Protection Fault

    vivek Guest

    Ok so 70-316 is harder ..and 70-316 is the first .NET exam that I am giving
    ....so basic I am screwed.
    What types of question do they ask ?
    Only Mutiple Choice Question or also Drag Drop , Simulations etc

    In case of mutiple choice question do they state ..select 2 answers ( Incase
    you can select more than one asn )

    vivek, Dec 4, 2003
  9. Vivek,
    316 was the first test I took as well. Like I said in an earlier
    post...all the tests are difficult. You won't be screwed if you know the
    material. For instance, If you have studied, and you have alot of experience
    with winforms, it shouldn't be a problem. On the other hand, if you have no
    real world experience with winforms you may want to study more than the
    average person. I guess it just depends on your knowledge on the subject.
    The format of the test is multiple choice.

    Dan Normington, Dec 4, 2003
  10. Can't say (NDA).

    General Protection Fault, Dec 4, 2003
  11. General Protection Fault

    Geoff Moller Guest

    Passed 320 yesterday, by 3 q's.
    320 was by far the hardest of the three exams I took.
    You could split the test into 2 tests, at least.
    Be ready for anything that is covered on the objectives.

    I prepared with the MS Press Book, Transcender Exam, and MSDN.

    OT: Does anyone know of a test center in LA that uses 1024 x 768
    monitors?!?
    Scrolling 2-3 times on these little monitors is not an appropriate
    environment for a test with 2 minute questions.
    Arg.

    Cheers,

    Geoff

    Geoff Moller, Dec 4, 2003
  12. General Protection Fault

    Humanity Guest

    Really? 70-316 is harder? Oh dear :(

    Humanity, Dec 4, 2003
  13. General Protection Fault

    vivek Guest

    Hi Dan

    Thanks for the reply
    I would say I have quite a decient amount of knowlege with WinForms I have
    not done any real work application development but I have done almost all
    the samples fom Amit Kalani's book and more over I understand the stuff that
    I am reading.
    I guess I should be able to pass, but there exists a slight lack in
    confedence since I am mainly a Java Developer ( done almost all Java
    Certification) and I got interested in .NEt when I was reading the book
    'Applied .NET Framework'. I was planning on giving the exam on the 8th Dec
    but I guess I will keep it on hold for a couple of days more and probally
    give it on the 10th or 11th.

    Thanks again for the positive reply

    Vivek

    vivek, Dec 5, 2003
  14. General Protection Fault

    prabha Guest

    So what happnd ? ;)

    prabha, Dec 11, 2003
  15. General Protection Fault

    vivek Guest

    I delayed it till the 15th ..will let u know after that

    vivek, Dec 12, 2003
  16. General Protection Fault

    vivek Guest

    Passed with 911/1000