    hit. Is this Okay?
    Or is it a sign of some kind of problem?

    Thanks Jacquelin

    Jacqueline Alexander, Sep 15, 2003

  2. Can be, do you have a sound card installed in your system (i.e.
    soundblaster, etc.)? Computers without sound or with sound cards not
    working properly will resort to beeping the internal PC speaker when
    certain events occur such as an error of some kind or when certain
    applications load. Otherwise, if you are seeing no apparent problems
    I would guess your system is OK.

    message | Hi,

    E_\\_¼__½__¾__F, Sep 15, 2003

  3. Jacqueline Alexander

    Bareill Guest

    Bareill, Sep 15, 2003
  4. Jacqueline Alexander

    Pompey© Guest

    Do you get the normal windows start up sound?...maybe the start up is set to
    a beep ..go to start>settings>control panel>sound n audio devices>sounds
    ....and click on Start windows below it in 'Sound' it should read Windows XP
    start if not then scroll it down and change it!
    HTH Daryn
    Daryn

    Pompey©, Sep 15, 2003
  5. Jacqueline Alexander

    WK Guest

    Hi,

    My PC at work (XP prof.) also beeps when Windows is starting. I'm quite sure
    it's the build-in Windows Messenger that isn't configured. To ged rid of it,
    enter the world of Messenger, or delete the -=damn=- thing as described in
    http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/tune-05.html

    Rgzzzz,

    WvdK
    NL

    WK, Sep 15, 2003
  6. Jacqueline Alexander

    Hans Donker Guest

    my pc beeps when it has tested the webcam.

    Hans Donker, Sep 16, 2003
  7. Thanks for the reply..
    Subsequent to this post I learned that the beep in a normal indication that
    the POST completed.
    Jacqueline

    Jacqueline Alexander, Sep 25, 2003