Just Installed Sony DW-U14A DVD Dual Format Burner and need a lil help ;o)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Hunter, Oct 29, 2003.

  1. Hunter

    Hunter Guest

    Howdy,

    I just installed a Sony DW-U14A Burner on my Sony
    Vaio RX470DS.

    Loaded up Nero and the only DVD burn speed available is 2.4x (DVD+R?)

    Did I not set the jumpers correctly?

    I would like to be able to burn in both DVD-R and +R formats as well
    as be able to chose between 1x-4x speeds.

    I should note that I can select any speed from 4x to 24x when burning
    CDR.

    Any help would be greatlly appreciated!

    Thanks!!

    Hunter, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Hunter

    Max of Mad Guest

    Depending on when the unit was manufactured, you may need to do a
    Firmware update to get full speed dvd write functionality.

    Found this interesting too:
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/archive/t181352.html

    Max of Mad

    Max of Mad, Oct 29, 2003

  3. When you put media in the drive, it's going to limit your choices to
    what the media will support.

    Barry Watzman, Oct 29, 2003
  4. Hunter

    Jeff Turl Guest

    best to check the media can be burnt at 4X a lot of older media will only
    burn at 2X. I bought some DVD-R the other week thinking they would be OK at
    4X, but alas i had the same problem as you! they take twice as long to
    burn!! More fool me for not reading the label!

    Jeff

    Jeff Turl, Oct 29, 2003