    Is there a way for me to test to see if the 5ghz is being utilized?
    Thanks
    KOLS

    KOS, May 18, 2011

  2. KOS

    Paul Guest

    You didn't state a model number for the Netgear.

    You could start, by finding a review for it. This site reviews stuff like that.

    http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wire...00-wireless-dual-band-gigabit-router-reviewed

    "Pay no attention to the "N600" in the revamped product name.

    That's just NETGEAR's way of fooling folks who don't know better
    into thinking they are getting a faster router than ones with
    "300" or "450" in their names. (No, Virginia, you can't get your
    dual-band client to show a 600 Mbps link rate no matter what you do.)"

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, May 19, 2011