Just entered the IT industry, hope all the brothers here can help me clear my doubts.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by lAwBoY, Aug 16, 2006.

  1. lAwBoY

    lAwBoY

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2006
    Messages:
    15
    Likes Received:
    0
    Q1)
    i have a router connected to the external CSU

    ROUTER -<---> CSU <----> SmartJack

    my telco has tested good to the CSU when doing a loop to the CSU
    but on the router am seeing that on the main interface

    DCD=down DSR=down DTR=up RTS=up CTS=up

    what does this explain

    Router or cable or csu problem

    Q2)
    i understand we can use loopback test to isolate the fault to check if the equpiment are fine.

    I have diffcuitly understand when they mention loop back facing where.. and loopback from..

    what do each mean and what the difference

    if i can use the external csu to loop toward the router... and the loop is good.. this would clear the cable , csu and wic right?

    Q3)

    Set the clock rate for a router with a DCE cable to 64K
    Router(config-if)clock rate 64000

    What does clock rate does for the router

    Q4)

    Set a logical bandwidth assignment of 64K to the serial interface
    Router(config-if)bandwidth 64

    Does this mean that if i set the serial interface bandwith to 64k, i cant transmit higher than 64kbps

    Q5)

    Sometime when i access the router via telnet session, the respone is extremely slow, what could be reason for that ?

    High cpu usage? High uilization ? What other possible reason?

    Q6)

    i have a WAN connection using Frame relay, what would cause the EIGRP neighbour to bounce even though the FRAME RELAY connection is up all the while.

    Q7)

    If i have a 3 T1 line to form a IMA GROUP and i config many subinterface to have smaller pvc to remote office. If i saw errrors on the IMA interface, how do i determined which pvc is having errors so that i can inform the telco to test only that t1 circuit

    Q8)

    If i have a internal CSU, What is the difference between the Error on the interface and the Errors on the CSU when i do a show service-module?

    Does that mean when there errors on the circuit, i will see errors on the interface and csu ?

    Q9)

    Say if i got a WAN connection, private leased line between Singapore and Malaysia, if i see errors on the singapore router, does that mean i will see errors on the malaysia router as well?

    Q10)

    How do i troubleshoot packet drops ?
    I do understand that packet drop will occurs when your useage if almost hitting your maximum bandwidth, or that it the circuit having problem ?
    What other reason can cause packet drop

    Q11)

    I understand in alot of company, they used out of band to access the router when their WAN connection is down. What are the difference when i try to dial in to the OOB and i see these two respones

    No Carrier
    Busy

    Q12)

    If im using a frame relay technology
    my serial interface is up/down
    my subinterface pvc is down/down
    am i able to concluse that the issue is with the ISP provider ?

    my serial interface is down/down
    my subinterface pvc is down/down
    can i conclue that i should check the cable and the power to the external csu ? what are the other possiblilty that will show this syptom

    Q13)

    How can i troubleshoot laterney, I have read around, laterney is normal cause when that errors on the circuit or it due to high useilization. Say i got a WAN connection from singapore to malaysia

    PC -----singapore Router -----Frame Relay ----- Malaysia Router ---- PC

    Example, the ping respone i normally 30ms, but suddenly im getting 60ms, In order to trouble shoot on this ...
    First i need to check the usilzation on the Singapore router, if it ok... i need to process to check the usage on the malaysia router. Correct me if i am wrong.

    What other factor will cause laterney....

    I do understand that a hell lot of question i have posted out.
    Hope everyone here who can answers to any question pls help me clear my doubts. Thanks everyone.....

    I am new to this forum :)

    Lawrence

    lAwBoY, Aug 16, 2006

  2. lAwBoY