    When I first started using Thunderbird, I loved how well the Junk Mail
    filter worked. Lately though, it seems to let more and more junk slip
    through. Has this started happening to anyone else? Or just me?

    .BR!AN., Mar 4, 2004

  2. I think the spammers have been changing M.O. a little lately...

    David H

    --

    "When the tough get going, I'll steal their sandwiches."

    If you need to contact me direct, please remove the obvious from the
    reply address

    David Harrison, Mar 4, 2004

  3. .BR!AN.

    Soz Guest

    Have you tried a program like Mailwasher which will let you view and
    delete from the server before downloading to your system ?

    Soz, Mar 4, 2004
  4. .BR!AN.

    .BR!AN. Guest

    Yes I have, and I'm aware of the *other* programs. However, I'm not
    asking how to filter spam. I just want to know if anyone else notice
    more spam in the Inbox vs. Junk Mail folder in *Thunderbird*.

    .BR!AN., Mar 5, 2004
  5. Well, I've been filtering through Poptray, so I'm not seeing as much,
    either caught by JMC or not. Still, I think David's comment is pretty
    much on the mark. Spammers make their living by defeating spam
    protection. No matter how good spam protection gets, spammers will
    start finding a way around it.

    To get more protection, Soz is on the mark. Poptray is an email
    notifier with filter capabilities. Mailwasher is designed for spam
    filtering, and would be a better bet for that purpose.

    Lee
    --
    Leonidas Jones
    Mozilla Champion