    then they are moved to junk folder. Is there a way with "about:config"
    or something similar to avoid this ?

    Thanks.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Pierre-Luc_Lesp=E9rance?=, Oct 14, 2003

  2. Don't know Linux equivalent, but on Windows it's:
    Tools|Junk Mail Controls|Settings|Handling (middle of display)|Move
    Incoming ....

    Irwin Greenwald, Oct 14, 2003

  3. Thanks but this is part of my problem. Suppose that I'm reading
    alt.fan.mozilla and I receive some spam, my Inbox folder will become
    bold (That means that I new mail). I don't want to be noticed when it's
    spam, I want it to do directly to Junk Folder.

    The way it works now, When I click on Inbox, the spam goes automatically
    to Junk Folder, but I dont want to click on Inbox to activate the junk
    mail moving process. I dont want my inbox to become bold when it's spam.

    I hope this is clear ;)

    Thanks .

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Pierre-Luc_Lesp=E9rance?=, Oct 15, 2003
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Pierre-Luc_Lesp=E9rance?=

    dantu Guest

    Almost no way around that. Except to disable the mail alert entirely.
    (hmm, not even sure if that is possible)

    You see, the mail alert (such as it is) is activated when the mail comes
    in, prior to the Junk Mail Control filtering it, which then should
    automatically move it to the Junk folder (not when you click on the inbox).

    The alert or green arrow is applied because that account did get mail.
    If the Junk Mail (or any other filter for that matter) later moves the
    mail, then the folder it went to is highlighted, but the original
    account retains its received mark until you access the account.

    for example, I have a filter that moves specific incoming mail to
    another folder. As luck may have it, about the only mail that account
    gets is that mail. So often I see the account with its arrow and know
    that a folder in my local folders has the actual messages.

    Since JMC marking of a message is not absolute, upgrading it to kill
    mail alerts is contra indicated in most cases.

    The green arrow indicates the account that has mail, if it is later
    moved by a filter (even the JMC) it still received mail. You dont have
    to check it immediately in any case, you can simply leave it be, the
    account can still receieve further mail.

    dantu, Oct 15, 2003
  5. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Pierre-Luc_Lesp=E9rance?=

    Guido Jurock Guest

    It's a known bug. Try Mozilla 1.5. It should have been solved.

    guido

    Guido Jurock, Oct 16, 2003