    them or designate the program.When I designate Photoshop CS (or 7.0 that I
    still have) they open. How can I save tiffs as jpegs, downsize, and have them
    open readily in emails?

    ARosenblat, Dec 25, 2003

  2. ARosenblat

    Canopus Guest

    "ARosenblat" wrote in message
    I'm not sure if I'm following you, but, from what you seem to be saying is
    that they do open. It just seems that you do not have jpeg files associated
    with a program, or, you did, but, something has caused them to disassociate.
    When you double click on the attachment that is the image then Windows wants
    to know what to use to open it. Next time it happens select a program to
    open it, editor or viewer and make sure you tick the box that says Always
    Use This Application to Open.... and it should automatically open in it
    every time. You may find people you mail them to do not have a problem
    opening them.

    Rob

    Canopus, Dec 25, 2003

  3. ARosenblat

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hi...
    Save 'em as .jpg - not jpeg :)

    Take care.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Dec 25, 2003
  4. There is a new jpeg 2000 standard that only some new software can handle.
    Perhaps you saved in that format.

    Marvin Margoshes, Dec 25, 2003
  5. ARosenblat

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    [posted and mailed]

    (ARosenblat) wrote in
    FWIW there is no point in coverting your original JPEG to TIFF as you will
    not gain anything. Simply work with the original JPEG (or a copy).

    Fuzzy Logic, Jan 6, 2004
  6. ARosenblat

    gsum Guest

    You should *always* work in tiff as quality is lost
    on every save of a jpg. Only convert to jpg when you're
    sure that you are not going to do any more work on
    the image, or better, leave it as a tiff.

    PS 7.0 contains an automatic sizing tool for web images.
    I don't have PS available at the moment but if you have a
    look at the file menu, its in there somewhere.

    Graham

    gsum, Jan 7, 2004
  7. ARosenblat

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    True but he is starting with a JPEG and then converting to TIFF. This is a
    waste of time and effort. He can simply keep his original JPEG, edit a
    copy as much as he likes and then save the final result.

    Fuzzy Logic, Jan 9, 2004