    ongoing fakes and hoaxes, so take care!

    Regards
    Guido

    Guido Vollbeding, Feb 8, 2004

  2. John Faughnan

    Lionel Guest

    Well, whatever it is that they produce, there's more of them at higher
    quality than your buddy George has been able to show us from his SD9, so
    far.
    'Naive'? I've designed image capture (laser scanning confocal
    microscopy) systems myself. I don't claim to be an expert on image
    sensors at the silicon level, but I'm hardly naive about the subject.
    I'll take my chances on that one.
    Guido, if anyone could get idiots like George to stop making ridiculous
    claims about the Foveon sensor, they'd be doing the company a major
    service. All of us who're familiar with the technology know that the
    Foveon shows a lot of promise, & certainly has the potential to be far
    better than conventional sensors, but it's not yet there, & if people
    keep on making claims for it that it can't yet live up to, it'll die in
    the market before it's ever had a chance to reach that potential.

    Lionel, Feb 9, 2004