Joke - How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Andy, Jul 4, 2004.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

    1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
    14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light
    bulb could have been changed differently
    7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
    1 to move it to the Lighting section
    2 to argue then move it to the Electrical section
    7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
    5 to flame the spell checkers
    3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
    6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to
    condemn those 6 as stupid
    2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
    15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb"
    is perfectly correct
    19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this
    discussion to a lightbulb forum
    11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs
    and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
    36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy
    the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this
    technique and what brands are faulty
    7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
    4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected
    URL's
    3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this
    group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
    13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all
    headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
    5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot
    handle the light bulb controversy
    4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
    13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about
    light bulbs"
    1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start
    it all over again.

    Andy, Jul 4, 2004

  2. Andy

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Andy typed:
    old jokes do we have to put up with ?

    Paul - xxx, Jul 4, 2004

  3. Andy

    Dominic Guest

    See above.

    Dominic

    Dominic, Jul 4, 2004
  4. Andy

    Linda Guest

    Never heard that one before!

    Linda, Jul 4, 2004
  5. Andy

    Yddap Guest

    In
    <Snippety Snip>

    See http://www.bulbyonder.co.uk/

    Yddap, Jul 4, 2004

  6. "URLs". Apostrophe for plural and posessive! ;-)

    Experienced but Undocumented, Jul 4, 2004
  7. Andy

    Stickems Guest

    And how would you classify this reply?

    Stickems, Jul 4, 2004
  8. Andy

    mewthree Guest

    mewthree, Jul 4, 2004
  9. Andy

    olfart Guest

    And Boomer to tell you to change your time zone and clock so the @#$% light
    bulb isn't burning during the day.

    olfart, Jul 4, 2004
  10. That *is* a plural. I believe you meant to say "contraction and posessive".
    That strategic error aside <g>, though, I'm a stickler for correct use of
    apostrophes, too -- but they're largely acceptable for abbreviations like
    that one.

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 4, 2004
  11. Andy

    Toolman Tim Guest

    LOL! So *that's* why she does that?

    Toolman Tim, Jul 4, 2004
  12. Andy spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?

    Do a Google search on Light Bulbs before posting questions about light
    bulbs. :)

    NOI
    (Trying to do his part. :) )

    Thund3rstruck_n0i, Jul 4, 2004
  13. Andy

    anthonyberet Guest

    In Usenet post: guVFc.9242$,
    Andy went on and on and on:
    <snip>

    You forgot the one to say that this is not a forum...

    anthonyberet, Jul 4, 2004
  14. Andy

    el duderino Guest

    And several to tell you your time is 0.0001 seconds out

    el duderino, Jul 5, 2004
  15. Your clock is 0.0001 seconds out.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jul 5, 2004