    adapter for my notebook.It is now configured and the problem is i could not
    join the windods xp wireless client to the domain. Does anyone has a
    suggestion on how to go about it. Hoping to hear from someone soon.

    Guest, Aug 11, 2006

  2. If you are using the router's DHCP function, the most common reason for
    problems joining wireless clients to a domain is DNS. When you configure
    many routers to pump out the AD domain's DNS server IP, the router will
    actually give out the router's IP and then forward to the AD DNS server. In
    most cases this works fine, but the inherent latency can be just enough to
    kill a domain join. Try: turn off the router's DHCP function and configure
    the DC as a DHCP server; or manually configure TCP/IP on the client - at
    least for the initial join process; you should never have both the router
    and the server providing DHCP.

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Aug 11, 2006

  3. Guest

    chris212

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    hi. having just read your post to the other guy it sounds like you are quite clued up on this sort of thing. I am trying to tackle the same kind of task. I have configured a win2003 server to which i want to allow wireless access to the domain from my 2 laptops. So, how do i do this? I am starting from scratch so please feel free to explain in idiot form if necessary,i wont take offence !
    I am very inexperienced with networking, but know my way around a pc no problem, so would appreciate ANY help anybody would like to throw my way!!

    chris212, Nov 16, 2006