    see the other network via the WGR614 wirelessly.

    TIA

    Iain

    Swarfmaker, Feb 24, 2010

  2. Swarfmaker

    Alex Fraser Guest

    More information needed. As it stands, the simple answer is to connect
    the laptop to the other router. Optionally, bin the WGR614 and stop
    paying money to Virgin. But I have a feeling this isn't the answer you
    wanted...

    If the two routers can be connected by an Ethernet cable, you can
    probably set things up how you want. It's impossible to say more without
    making assumptions.

    Alex

    Alex Fraser, Feb 24, 2010

  3. Swarfmaker

    Bernard Peek Guest

    If you link the two switches together (possibly requiring a crossover
    cable) anything connected to either of them can see the whole network.
    Disable one of the DHCP servers or use static addresses. Alter the IP
    address of one of the routers to put them both on the same subnet.

    I'm not certain what you intend to achieve by doing this.

    Bernard Peek, Feb 24, 2010
  4. Swarfmaker

    Swarfmaker Guest

    Just got the Virgin, primarily for the TV as we've ditched Sky, so the
    Virgin Broadband is a bonus.
    Due to layout of the building I can't lay a cable between the routers. the
    laptop & Virgin router are in the lounge and the other kit is elsewhere in
    the building. The printer is on the DG834PN network, at the moment accessed
    via my desktop machine, but shortly to be replaced by an ethernet printer.
    The laptop needs to access the printer.

    Iain

    Swarfmaker, Feb 24, 2010
  5. The easiest option is to put them all on the same network, unless you have a
    particular reason for wanting the laptop to access the internet via Virgin?

    Simon Finnigan, Feb 24, 2010
  6. You can also do all of that except leave the IP addresses alone and just
    change the netmasks everywhere to 255.255.0.0.
    He want to connect to a printer on the LAN with the other gateway.

    Tony

    Anthony R. Gold, Feb 24, 2010
  7. Swarfmaker

    WinTFTP Guest

    Hello,

    Please setup a SSID wireless network in the laptop
    for the same with WGR614.

    Brgs

    WinTFTP, Mar 3, 2010