    running XP media centre version 2002 with service pack 2. My drive is a
    Sony DVD RW AW-G170A.

    Thanks

    soylentgreen, May 3, 2007

  2. soylentgreen

    Pennywise Guest

    Wash the CD with dish soap (Dawn), rinse and dry well.

    See if it's any better

    Pennywise, May 4, 2007

  3. soylentgreen

    Shel-hed Guest

    It could be on it's way out, or dirty.
    Try this first-
    Control panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, Hardware tab
    Highlight the offending drive, click properties button
    Click properties tab on new window, put a check in "Enable digital CD audio for
    this CD-Rom device"
    OK your way out.

    Shel-hed, May 4, 2007
  4. soylentgreen

    soylentgreen Guest

    I've already done that a while ago, cant believe its on its way out its
    brand new pc, hope its just a dirty lens.

    soylentgreen, May 4, 2007
  5. soylentgreen

    Shel-hed Guest

    This sounds like most other Sony crap. It has been years since they made
    anything worth owning.

    Shel-hed, May 4, 2007