    Are these problems unavoidable with VoIP? We have DSL speeds of 800/140
    so I don't think it's related to bandwidth.

    My TA is a Sipura 2300.

    Pat Coghlan, Jul 10, 2006

  2. I'd say 140 was a little marginal, depending on the codec in use and
    any other traffic on your link. Also, depending on your route to your
    provider and their connectivity, and how they are connected to your
    destination, you may well get significant artifacts.

    It's kinda like cellphones, the quality is going to hover right on the
    edge of "barely acceptable" in order to keep costs down.

    William P.N. Smith, Jul 10, 2006