jetstream usage

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by froggy, Jan 16, 2005.

  1. froggy

    froggy Guest

    Im new to broadband ( 6 weeks infact)
    and following in the fine tradition of broadband n00bs I am somewhat
    perplexed as to the usage meter provided by xtra
    apparently I have downloaded 200 MB today ( based on me looking at the
    meter yesterday and it was ~1400 MB )
    however on closer inspection i get this from the meter
    Date & Time: Download Usage: Upload Usage: Total Usage:
    (DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM) (MB) (MB) (MB)

    16 Jan 2005 7:56 PM 1165.92 39.96 1205.88

    14 Jan 2005 1:05 AM 156.07 25.60 181.67

    7 Jan 2005 2:59 PM 209.08 28.62 237.69

    is it really saying I have now downloaded just over a gig today?
    (damn those free porn sites are a curse! )
    the cap hasnt kicked in... yet but its a bit of a worry
    so can someone show me the error in my ways
    or is it xtra being xtra?

    froggy, Jan 16, 2005

  2. Maybe your machine was been owned by hackers...
    More than likely the old xtra meter has blown up..

    wogers nemesis, Jan 16, 2005

  3. froggy

    Krazy Bob Guest

    Yes you have downloaded over a gig on this date

    Krazy Bob, Jan 16, 2005
  4. froggy

    froggy Guest

    I hope so @ xtra meter been poked
    and my first thought was hackers! :)
    although it had crossed my mind that they had cracked the account and were
    using my login / password
    maybe aaa isnt the clever password i always thought it would be

    froggy, Jan 16, 2005
  5. froggy

    Chris Hope Guest

    Actually it means the figure stated at 16 Jan @ 7.56pm was transferred
    between 1.05am on the 14th (the date the last measure was up until) and
    7.56pm on the 16th, so ~67 hours.

    Chris Hope, Jan 16, 2005