    day of last period has been billed against this period. Has anyone else
    noticed this?

    Alan

    Alan, Aug 19, 2003

  2. I've often found this.
    I complained once and was told I'd agreed to the T & C which states their
    meter is always right and tough shit if you disagree.

    Russell

    Russell Smithies, Aug 20, 2003

  3. Alan

    cowboyz Guest

    I havent found this myself but if they are going to pull tricks like this
    then they should also roll over the *unused* cap to the next month. I
    really wouldn't mind a 2G cap if I could save up for that month that I might
    want to download 10G.

    cowboyz, Aug 20, 2003
  4. Alan

    Howard Guest

    Notwithstanding anyting in their T&Cs. It still a breech of the Fair Trading
    Act & The Consumer Guarantees Act, provided you can prove you case.

    Howard, Aug 20, 2003

  5. Install Netstate live and monitor your own..

    Robert Mathews, Aug 20, 2003
  6. Thus spake cowboyz:
    Nice idea, but the idea of caps and such is to help smooth out demand so
    there aren't big peaks...

    (Well, and make a lot of money of course ;)

    Aaron Lawrence, Aug 20, 2003
  7. Alan

    ron Guest

    I have found that this happens if I stay online after midnight when
    the new period ticks in - i.e. if I am on line in the evening leading
    up to the deadline, with say 50MB downloaded in that session trying to
    use up my allowance, I need to disconnect before midnight to have that
    50MB logged to the expiring month. If I stay online after midnight it
    gets logged to the new month.
    At least that is the impression I have gained and I have several times
    run to five minutes before midnight, with it being correctly assigned
    to the expiring month.
    Ron

    ron, Aug 20, 2003
  8. Alan

    Alan Guest

    As a follow up I checked the usage meter again yesterday afternoon and the
    160MB had been moved back to previous period. I don't know whether this is
    normal behaviour or some sort of anomaly but at least it corrected itself.

    Alan

    Alan, Aug 21, 2003
  9. Alan

    ron Guest

    Yeah, I've noticed it do that once - but *so far* it has always billed
    usage to the right period if I log off before midnight on changeover
    day.
    Ron

    ron, Aug 21, 2003