    Message Symbol : IafServerConnection
    Message Text : failed connecting host[se259] port[479]
    error[Connection refused]

    Rob, May 2, 2004

  2. Rob

    Chris Hope Guest

    That happens every now and then - it appears to be a problem connecting to
    the database. Try it a couple of times per day until it works again. Or you
    could always email them and tell them :)

    Chris Hope, May 2, 2004

  3. Rob

    Chris Hope Guest

    Wonderful customer service from NZ's largest ISP... It's also nice to know
    their systems are so reliable, isn't it?!

    Chris Hope, May 3, 2004
  4. Rob

    steve Guest

    I called Telecom today to discuss my accounts and they said their
    systems were down company-wide and that I should call back in a
    day....or two.

    steve, May 3, 2004
  5. Rob

    Enkidu Guest

    I noticed that. My script barfed. It's back working now though.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, May 3, 2004
  6. Rob

    Enkidu Guest

    Technically they are not an ISP.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, May 3, 2004
  7. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Why does it count backwards on occasion? A few times in this last
    billing cycle, I've watched my traffic total go down and a few hours
    and then back up again!

    I'd like to see an independent firm audit the meter and certify that
    it's accurate. And if they can't then, they surely can't enforce it.

    Rob, May 4, 2004
  8. Rob

    Enkidu Guest

    No idea. But that's not the data that they bill on. It's data
    extracted from the data that they bill on. The data that they bill on
    is collected in chunks, depending resets on the line and things like
    that, I was told. I'd guess that any flucuations were corrections.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, May 4, 2004
  9. Rob

    Chris Hope Guest

    True, but the lines are somewhat blurred when it comes to Telecom and Xtra

    Chris Hope, May 4, 2004