    Anyone know?

    Regards,

    Alan

    Alan, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Alan

    Dogg Guest

    I tried this with 2 Xtra connections temporarily and it worked. Of
    course, both connections counted towards data traffic.

    Dogg, Oct 17, 2003

  3. Alan

    Paul Mathews Guest

    I would say 2 separate accounts..

    They are out to make money not to make you happy..

    A friend inquired about moving to the 256 Cable they said it will cost a extra
    $20, but then I asked him if that Included the Modem rental of $17, it turned
    out it did not, but it was never mentioned to him.

    Paul Mathews, Oct 17, 2003
  4. Alan

    Rider Guest

    Yeah same login should work from two locations simultaneously.
    Just takes half the time to reach your data cap :)

    Rider

    Rider, Oct 17, 2003
  5. Alan

    Alan Guest

    To clarify this, the Jetstream connections are separate (Home 1000 FS here,
    and Business 1200 downtown), wiring is separate (obviously) so the only
    thing in common will be the ISP account and therefore the creds I (have) set
    up in the two routers. Both connections are being billed to the same
    business account but are running over different telephone numbers. The
    reason I ask is that the issue of the cap has come up a couple of times now.
    I thought that the caps would be determined by the connection (the number of
    the line that the Jetstream connection is running on), not the creds used to
    log in. If I'm wrong and the traffic is assigned to the login, which of my
    two caps gets used up? How does that work?

    Maybe I should stop trying to be cheap and just spring another $20/month for
    another Paradise a/c??

    Alan, Oct 17, 2003
  6. Alan

    Rider Guest

    To be honest I'm not 100% sure, as I've seen this denated on here before. It
    is *my* understanding that the login is what the data usage goes against.
    Not the phone number. Hence you would use your data cap quickly with two
    Jetstream connections using the same login name on different lines. HTH

    Rider

    P.S. I may be wrong and I'm sure someone will flame me for being incorrect
    LOL but that is my understanding of it.

    Rider, Oct 17, 2003
  7. Alan

    Jack Guest

    How is it billed with a business jetstream connection? i have jetstart
    at home and when i connect at work using my home jetstart connection i
    get full speed internet. does that bill the line or my account or both?

    Jack, Oct 17, 2003
  8. IIRC on Jetstart the second connection attracts per minute charges as
    well.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Oct 17, 2003
  9. Alan

    T.N.O. Guest

    doesnt seem to, seems to work just fine(tried it with a friends account at
    work)

    T.N.O., Oct 17, 2003
  10. I think you will find the the ISP will barf at you if you have two
    connections to the same account at the same time. It has happened to me.

    Phil.

    Philip Charles, Oct 18, 2003