Jerky picture with DVB stick

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Bazzer Smith, Oct 20, 2006.

  1. Bazzer Smith

    Bazzer Smith Guest

    I have a USB DVB stick (lets you watch and record digital TV on your
    computer)
    however when I record a program the picture displayed tend to become 'jerky'
    in
    that seems to pause briefly from time to time.
    I assume this is something to do with my PC running XP having to write the
    recorded
    data to the hard drive from time to time, because it doesn't seem to do it
    (as much, if at all)
    when I am not recording something. I should mention that it always
    'secretly' records
    the program I am watching to allow a little 'timeshift' but I set this to a
    low value so
    I assume it can do this in ram not hard drive (I have 1.25 gig of ram). Even
    when recording it only used
    about 35% CPU so I don't think its a CPU (or graphics 'card') problem..

    I was just wondering it there might be something I could tweak to fix this
    but maybe it is
    a problem with the DVB stick software?
    Is there a better newsgroup to post this too?

    Bazzer Smith, Oct 20, 2006